• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tell me what to buy!

Nonlethal Force

First Post
I'd seriously consider buying a membership to Amazon if you haven't already. I bought one to BooksAMillion.com and now don't spend more than $18 and change for a book. That meant that the first book I bought paid for the membership right there. All the rest of the savings are gravy! Perhaps Amazon has a similar type of plan?

My top 3 favorite WoTC suppliments for 3.5 are (in order):
Expanded Psionics Handbook (no, you do NOT need the Psionics Handbook)
Draconomicon
PHB II

Piratecat said:
I've noticed that no one is recommending the "Complete" books. I never got around to buying them myself; should I?

Now this surprises me. Seriously? Huh.

In that case, I'd recommend them if you need feats and PrC ideas. If not, read 'em in a bookstore and glean but don't buy. I like them all so far 'cept CPsi. (And I love the XPH so I'm not a Psi hater). Some (Like RA) claim CD is broken crazy ... but for me it depends on the group. I game with people who don't like the min/max feel, so I don't see the brokenness of the book. But, I can see how some things could be exploited.

Doug McCrae

Legend
I'd recommend Eberron Campaign Setting above anything else for a GM. It will give you a lot more ideas than the monster, terrain or class books even if you don't use the setting.

Of the books I own the only other ones that are much good are Complete Arcane and Expanded Psionics Handbook.

librarius_arcana

First Post
Aus_Snow said:
Um. Did you read the original post? Like:

, and

Well I don't really consider "Unearthed Arcana" as an "alternate" as it's part of the D&D Line

and "The Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting" is useful outside of the Campaign setting

Torx

First Post
Thanks all for your helpful replies.

I ended up going with the Player's Handbook II (since nearly everyone recommended it), the Complete Adventurer, and Dynasties and Demagogues.

I ended up paying a little over $3 thanks to taxes. That's pretty good, methinks.

librarius_arcana

First Post
Torx said:
Thanks all for your helpful replies.

I ended up going with the Player's Handbook II (since nearly everyone recommended it), the Complete Adventurer, and Dynasties and Demagogues.

I ended up paying a little over $3 thanks to taxes. That's pretty good, methinks.

Player's Handbook II, Yeah thats okay ;)

Dynasties and Demagogues, Never read this one though

Complete Adventurer, What no! lol, most of the Complete series is just fluff and a waste of time :\

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads