• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tempest Fighter makes me happy.

That One Guy

First Post
I know I shouldn't publicly announce such joy and amorous feelings... but... but this makes me all giddy inside. 2WFighter. It's interesting to me. The way the Dual Strike is for single target ownage instead of the variation of the ranger. I also like that it could potentially be so very roguetastic w/ CA-oriented things. I mean... I know I'm biased... but it looks neat w/out being incredibly broken.

Henry

Autoexreginated
My first reaction was, "darn it, they're breaking their own rules about not crossing roles and making classes less useful!" -- but after looking at it a bit, it's still useful enough to quell some of the complaints about fighters not being able to use two weapons effectively, but doesn't step on the ranger's toes of "lots of damage dice each round." If you want to clean up, it's still better to be a ranger, because of the "off-hand weapon" limitation and hunter's quarry, but this gives the defenders plenty reason to pick two-weapon as a valid style.

Rafe

First Post
And most of the bonuses apply only to using two off-hand signified weapons (handaxes, daggers, throwing hammers, etc.) which offsets some of the potentially high damage from using those powers. It's a nice addition. Really looking forward to both Martial Powers book and the Adventurer's Vault.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I'd prefer if they made 2H weapon fighters useful instead of utterly redundant.

I think they did, unless you mean "as good as rangers," in which case it would make rangers redundant. As it is, if I saw a couple more powers spread between 1st and 23rd level that were two-weapon based, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. Even just using these, it's still worthwhile, though not quite as good as sword-and-board for fighter.

keterys

First Post
I wish that Twin Strike and Dual Strike were remotely a little closer, as opposed to 'Dual Strike - just like Twin Strike, but with target and melee restrictions!'

That said, I think that's more of an objection to Twin Strike than anything else. Good show, all told. Glad to see them add more style options.

Atlatl Jones

Explorer
I dislike that the attack bonus only applies to weapons with the "off hand" descriptor. It should apply to all attacks made while wielding two weapons.

Rangers are already better because they can wield a "one handed" weapon in their off hand, while fighters are restricted to having an off-hand weapon in their off hand.

Other than that, it looks wonderful. I like the extra bonus to damage when wearing light armor or chainmail, and the extra damage with off-handed weapons.

Remove ads