Terry Brooks LIVE on Gen Con TV (Twitch) on 4/12 @ 7 PM ET

Endroren

Adventurer
Publisher
I'm chatting live with Terry Brooks on my new Twitch show on Gen Con TV! Drop in and drop your questions and comments into the chat, and I'll pull a few of them in during the show!

twitchlink_1200.png

Dioltach

Legend
Shame I'm on European time! The Sword of Shannara had a huge impact on me when I first read it in the early 1980s. When I stumbled across Elfstones a few years later, when I was 13, I read it in less than a day. (And I had a bit of a crush on Brin Ohmsford from Darrel Sweet's cover of Wishsong.)

I've always loved how the subsequent Shannara series show the evolution of the world. It's so easy for fantasy authors to keep telling the same stories in the same setting. It takes guts and skill to move the world forward and create new stories.

Endroren

Adventurer
Publisher
Shame I'm on European time! The Sword of Shannara had a huge impact on me when I first read it in the early 1980s. When I stumbled across Elfstones a few years later, when I was 13, I read it in less than a day. (And I had a bit of a crush on Brin Ohmsford from Darrel Sweet's cover of Wishsong.)

I've always loved how the subsequent Shannara series show the evolution of the world. It's so easy for fantasy authors to keep telling the same stories in the same setting. It takes guts and skill to move the world forward and create new stories.
Yeah - that'd be a late night for you! They do record it and you can watch later. And if you have a question let me know - I'll try to fit it in even though you can't make it live.

And I 100% agree about evolving the world. It is HARD to do that right, and I think Brooks is amazing talent when it comes to this.

Remove ads