Testament: In the Shadow of Sinai. (full)

Maerdwyn

First Post
Np, Andrew - Thanks for letting me know :)

Can I get a check i nfrom everyone else to see how you're doing enjoyment-wise? It's kind of hard to get a read sometimes, and I haven't felt 100% about the game myself.

Ghostknight

First Post
I am enjoying it, but maybe it is just the unfamiliarity for some of the setting/mechanics which is a bit inhibiting? For me, I think this would pass in time, but the question is, are people enjoying it- that is why we play RPGs after all!

Also, I think a large combat like this is difficult to carry out in a PbP environment, it takes a lot of time and my feeling for the setting is that this would be better as RP heavy rather than combat heavy.

I'm enjoying it. I think things are starting slowly, but that is only to be expected when the PCs start out not knowing each other. And a part of it may be my fault, for bringing a world-weary loner PC to the table without thinking how to get him interacting with the group. I'm trying to get him involved without metagaming, but I do find myself stretching at times. Still, it's obvious that you've planned carefully and have an intriguing, solid idea where the campaign is going to go. I'm certainly not going to drop out any time soon.

I think that Ghostknight is right in that a PbP game can get really bogged down in minutae if it includes many combat scenes as a tabletop game would. It only takes one player to be a day or two late with their IC posts and things can really start to drag. Having said that, you do need to have occasional combats, but perhaps save the really detailed, round-by-round stuff for major, important scenes.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Possibly bad timing, but I'll be away until the 14th, so I'll need to put the game on hold until then. I'll see you all in a week or so. :)

yangnome

First Post
I too am enjoying it. I think ghostknight is right about the setting being unfamiliar. I know this inhibits my posting a bit. I'd like to stay in character and true to the theme, but sometimes its hard to judge what the right action is. I too think this will settle with time as well. I also agree on the RP vs. Combat comment, then again, I've always preferred RP heavy games. If you are going to run allot of combat, I would suggest that you have some rule where you take over a character's actions (doing something reasnoable of course) if they don't post in a day or two. This will help keep the game from getting bogged down if someone can't get online.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Hi everyone -

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to need to close this game down. No fault of yours - basically I really think I need to run a few Face to Face Testament sessions before running it as a PbP. I'm not satisfied with the tone or feel I'm creating, and to make it better (up to where I think it should be) is going to take a lot more effort than I'm ble to put into it at this point.

I like your characters and your RPing, and want to say thanks for taking a chance on my game.

Sorry,
Ian

yangnome

First Post
Thank you for being up front about it rather than just slinking off into obscurity. I've had too many PbP games where DMs (and players) just stop posting. For what it is worth, I was enjoying hte game. Let me know as well if you give it another try.

No hard feelings, and thanks for being so straightforward about things.

For what it's worth, I really enjoyed the game. And from my experience, 'tone' is always the hardest thing to create in a game, so don't feel too put-off if you haven't achieved what you wanted in a relatively short time.

Best of luck, and drop me a line should you ever decide to start up again.

Remove ads