[Testament] In the Shadow of Sinai

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Tsedeq can feel the throbbing of his temples and the bump of his heart beating against his chest as he stares down at the man and his juvenile victim

'Lord help me protect this boy' he prays silently as he grips his club more firmly and awaits a response

(ooc Maerdwyn Why have you fosaken us?:D)

Maerdwyn

First Post
Tonguez said:
"and if you kill the boy" Tsedeq growls the low deep growl of a desert lion, seemingly unconcerned for the boy but instead revelling in the fight "then I will have no sin when I smash your brains to pulp"

to make his point the Danite brandishes his great club and scowls a savage scowl

"now let the boy go and fight a man"....

(ooc intimidation attempt)
Yuval hesitates for an instant as he regards both man and club. In that moment, Nahir twists his body away from Yuval's knife, and springs himself free of the man. The scrambles to Tsedeq's side. Yuval hisses in anger at the boy and launches himself at Tsedeq, or more precisely, at Hur, held over Tsedeq's shoulder by his left arm. Tsedeq swings his club at the crazed man with his other hand one and grazes the crazed man, but cannot get his full strength behind the attack. It is enough, however the knock aside Yuval's knife as it streaks towards Hur's back.

Outside the tent, Melech, standing still, arrow falling away from the bowstring, hears, rather than sees the two people and approach him from behind, and barely feels the sting of a large stone striking him on the arm from somewhere in the distance. "He's stunned - we must get him away from here." Melech feels himself being pulled backwards, and pushed from the front by a middle aged man with a concerned look on his face. He sees Avram, the Egyptian, a few yeards away, having been similarly removed from the fray by others hoping to end the bloodshed but afraid to do more.

The touch of the crowd's hands on him as they drag him back, seems to jolt Melech awake out of his daze. He shakes himself, trying to dislodge the well-meaning hands.

"I am well - I can defend myself! Let go! Leave me. Protect the children, and see to Hur! They are still in there!"

He struggles to get an arm loose to point towards the tent. Even as he indicates it, it wobbles alarmingly as the brawl within continues.

ooc: Maerdwyn, if Melech is in a position to see them, could he make a Spot/Sense Motive/whatever check to see if a) he notices the odd way the attacking men move and speak absolutely simultaneously, and b) if so, if he thinks the way they are acting is unnatural?

Last edited:

yangnome

First Post
The hooded man replies to Caleb, "As I said, 'It is a grim night for those who follow the Lord." Then to the others: "Take him." The two men close in on Caleb, their purpose clear.

A chill rushes down Caleb's spine as the fear courses through his veins. He reaches towards his faith to hold him strong. "Hashem, protect me from their evil intent." (Casts sanctuary on himself)

Maerdwyn

First Post
As Caleb prays, the first of the thugs lunges at the priest, but pulls up as if in pain before making contact with him. The second hesitates, looking at cowled man. "He is a priest, master..."

"Which of us do you fear more, dog? Take him!" The man still looks a little dubious, until the first of the thugs screeches "I can't! I tried, but I can't go near him!" The second then does a bit of a double take, grabbing at Caleb with a yell, but it looks to Caleb as if the man deliberately avoided contact with him, deciding not to attack without Hashem forcing him not to. "I can't either, Master. Hashem protects him - you will have to deal with him."

The cowled man ignores them, seemingly concetrating on the items before him, speaking quietly, such that Caleb cannot hear.

Hands release both Avram and Melech, and they both see new tongues of flam rise from the far side of the tent, now ringed by the group of attackers.

Melech stares at them closely - They are moving independantly, but all with clear purpose. But a moment later, all ther mouths begin to move - Melech has no idea what they are saying, but they are clearly saying the same thing, at the same instant. The scene feels wrong, and when he chances a look skyward during a quick flash of lightning, he thinks he can vaguely make out a pair of huge eyes in the clouds overhead. When the light fades, he can see the eyes no more.

Inside the tent, the battle continues between Yuval and Tsedeq, until the boy cries out at the sight of flames spreading across the tent and up to the scaffolding, where oil hand been poured earlier. Leaving the tent means means going out throught the flames.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Tsedeq continues his hold on Hur thrusting his club at Yuval in order to keep the other man at bay. His eyes are wide as he enjoys the rush of adrenaline but he knows that with the the boy and Hur on his shoulder to protect he is greatly disadvantaged.

"get out now" he yells to the boy "and you too" he stares at Yuval
"either we go now or we all die in the flames, but I promise you will be dead before the fire takes you!"

Ghostknight

First Post
Avram, seeing the heavenly manifestation in the clouds and its retreat thinks only one thing- Moses must be returnig soon. Ignoring his wounds, the blod dripping from his stomach, the bruises from the stones, he rushes towards the mountain, wanting to be there to see Moses as he appears, carrying the miraculous tablets of law promised to them by Hashem!

Melech shudders in revulsion at the sheer wrongness of the feeling that prickles across his skin. He has never seen magic before, but surely this must be it. Every instinct screams at him to fade away into the background, but a dull, heavy weight in the pit of his stomach reminds him that Hashem chose him. He has a duty, and Hashem is wrathful indeed when defied.

He turns back to the burning tent. The crowd lays restraining hands on him again, but he presses forward regardless.
"Sorcery!" he hisses at those who would hold him back. "Look at their faces, listen to their words. Sorcerors!"

ooc: If there is room for him to slip between attackers, Melech will move up to the tent, drawing his knife as he goes, and slit an opening in the fabric to allow those trapped inside by the fire to escape. If not, he will attack again with his bow, using Rapid Shot, aiming at a leader if one is apparent or the nearest enemy if one is not.

Remove ads