[Testament] In the Shadow of Sinai

Maerdwyn

First Post
yangnome said:
" A flower that must be harvested? What must you harvest a flower for in teh middle of the night?"
"Do I tell you your duties, Kohen?" he says in a voice that isperhaps impatient, but not unfirendly. "I know my work, and the properties this flower imparts to the medicines I make are at their most potent after it has rested from a full day's sun, but before the dew has fallen. But, as I have had no luck in my hunt I shall get to the business of brewing. And this work, If you don't mind, I prefer to do alone. I wish you well, though, Kohen. It is a grim night for those who follow the Lord."

yangnome

First Post
"Yes, it is indeed." hearing the man's last comment, Caleb decides not to bother the man any further. He turns to look back at the camp, then back out at the desert. Not sure where to go, he contiues heading away from the camp, veering his course to avoid the man and whatever it was behind him. He looks up and sees the mountain ahead of him and decides to walk towards the mountain Perhaps I should wait for Moses and warn him of what awaits

Maerdwyn

First Post
The man nods, saying good night to the priest as he prepares to leave. Then he stiffens visibly, as both men hear hushed voices voices and what may be the muffled bleats of a lamb or calf approaching.

Caleb turns and sees, about ten yards off, two men carrying a bound calf that has its head covered to cover its panic. Each is armed with a sword, and when they see Caleb and cloaked man, they stop suddenly, with wary expressions on their faces. One of them puts a hand to his sword, but does not draw.

Maerdwyn

First Post
"The Lord is my Strength!" Tsedeq roars as he lunges to meet the oncoming Sayar, who looks crazed and slashes wildly at the big man. Tsedeq ignores him, grabbing him in a bear hug.

He hears the Egyptian fiery voice shouting, "I only whip dogs, those that would defile Hashem by raising an image in his place, I only whip those who defile the camp of the Children of Israel by attacking those who seek to do Hashem's work!" With that the whip strikes out at Jarieth again, delivering another wicked cut to his face. Next to Jarieth, his son stands watching the scene, listening to the two men's words and begins spulling on his father's arm, "Let's go, Father!" he pleads quietly.

But on the other side of the crowd, few listen to Tsedeq or Avram, and Melech feels that there is something terribly wrong. He sees one of the men throw a bottle a bottle that lands on the top of the scaffold by Hur ans shatters. The man next to him pull the arm holding his torch back readying a throw, and Melech makes his decision. Even with the rain, covered in oil, the scaffold and hut will go up in flames quickly. He looses two arrows at Shabnar, the man with the torch. The first sails off harmlessly past him, while the other lodges firmly in his side. Melech gets pushed roughly from behind, by more than one member of the crowd.

Simultaneously the mob begins launching a hail of stones at Hur and those defending him. Several strike the old man on the body and head, and everyone out in the open sufferes a few bruises from the attacks. Paqad in particular lets out another piercing yelp of pain, and does not look very good on his feet. Asenath simply grabs up the unconscious Hulda, and runs, hoping to get her away safely.

But not all of the crowd is hostile, and a few men help Adnon to his feat and pull him out of danger before more harm can come to him. Another man tries to restrain Moran before he can hurl his torch onto the scaffold. While he succeeds in preventing the throw, Moran thrusts the torch onto the man's face, burning it badly, and eliciting an awful shriek.

Last edited:

"Paqad, down! Come here!" Melech orders his injured companion frantically. The limping hyena scuttles in behind him, taking cover from the rain of stones.

"Warrior!" he calls, desperately trying to attract the attention of the raging giant. "Help the boys, help Hur! Get them out of here!" In keeping with his words he takes a step towards the scaffold, but a hideous cry snaps his attention back to where Moran's victim clutches his seared eyes in agony. Melech whips out another arrow, raises his bow and, with narrowed eyes, looses again.

ooc1: Free actions to give Paqad "Down', then 'Come' orders. 5ft step towards Tsedeq, then Rapid Shot/Point Blank Shot at Moran. Melech will not take the second shot if Moran goes down with the first one.

ooc2: Maerdwyn, just to clarify what was going on with the dice rolling - I'm assuming that the 'Two bow shots v.Shabnar/ Bonus Split in two' means that Melech took two shots at +6 (doubled to +12 on this line) and rolled 3 and 15 on them, therefore resulting in 9 and 21. Sorry, but it was a bit confusing as laid out.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
"Help the boys, help Hur! Get them out of here!"

The words ring in Tsedeqs ears as he swings Sayars body up over his head and throws the man back against the crowd.

"Help the boys, help Hur!"

His mind focuses on that singular purpose, as he charges through to Hurs side tp lift him up and carry him away...

Ghostknight

First Post
In a moment of clarity, Avram looks around the crowd.

He throws down his whip, opens his arms and steps in front of the angry mob

"You want someone to attack? Leave your brother Israelites alone. Look at me, I am an Egyptian! So, why attack the innocent who do nothing but attempt to follow the will of Hashem? You want someone to attack, I offer myself- I too do the will of Hashem, but at least I am not one of your brethren. Direct your hatred away from your brothers- i am a stranger within your gates, and I offer myself as your sacrificial victim- let the innocent leave"

He bows his head, then raises it and his arms

"SHEMA YISRAEL, ADONAI ELOHEINU, ADONAI ECHAD" *

He stands there, arms raised, head staring into the sky, putting himself at the mercy of the mob.

*(translation"Hear o Israel, Adnai is our God, Adonia is one. The opening line from the shema, said four times a day and traditionally said just before one dies if one is aware of its impending approach)

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
humble minion said:
"Paqad, down! Come here!" Melech orders his injured companion frantically. The limping hyena scuttles in behind him, taking cover from the rain of stones.

"Warrior!" he calls, desperately trying to attract the attention of the raging giant. "Help the boys, help Hur! Get them out of here!" In keeping with his words he takes a step towards the scaffold, but a hideous cry snaps his attention back to where Moran's victim clutches his seared eyes in agony. Melech whips out another arrow, raises his bow and, with narrowed eyes, looses again.
Both arrows strike home, and Moran falls to the ground. When he looks back, Melech sees Paqad moving towards him as best as he can, but the hyena is in obvious pain.

ooc2: Maerdwyn, just to clarify what was going on with the dice rolling - I'm assuming that the 'Two bow shots v.Shabnar/ Bonus Split in two' means that Melech took two shots at +6 (doubled to +12 on this line) and rolled 3 and 15 on them, therefore resulting in 9 and 21. Sorry, but it was a bit confusing as laid out.

That's it - sorry it was unclear.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Tonguez said:
"Help the boys, help Hur! Get them out of here!"

The words ring in Tsedeqs ears as he swings Sayars body up over his head and throws the man back against the crowd.

"Help the boys, help Hur!"

His mind focuses on that singular purpose, as he charges through to Hurs side tp lift him up and carry him away...
Sayar impacts against two advancing men, and Tsedeq turns back to the tent. He pulls Hur from the tops of the scaffold, and feels the eyes of the mob bore into him. Tsedeq hears scuffling from within the tent, where Yuval and the boy, Nahir, fell after Yuval's attack. The other boy, Adnon, and the girl, Hulda, are not to be seen.

Remove ads