[Testament] In the Shadow of Sinai

Melech sees Yuriel's torch crunch across Paqad's muzzle, and hears the pained yelp.

"Another who trusted you has now been hurt for your sake" he thinks to himself. "Did you really believe that the mob would hesitate when faced with a hyena, or were you too afraid to risk your own safety, and sent Paqad out to die instead of going yourself?"

Swiftly, he slides off his perch on the boulder then weaves around the fringes of the crowd to Paqad's side. The boy who struck Paqad now struggles helplessly in the grip of a huge man in warrior's garb. Melech casts a quick glance around. Paqad does not seem to be seriously hurt at this stage, but the mob is still closing in. Furious, Melech nocks an arrow to the string of his heavy hunting bow and draws back to his ear, aiming directly between the eyes of the nearest man threatening Paqad and himself.

"Do not!" he growls warningly at the man and his fellows.

ooc: making a single move to Paqad's side as my standard action, skirting the crowd to avoid AoOs if possible. My bow was already in hand, so no action needed. Speaking is a free action, I think.

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
ooc: actually, I think made a mistake - Melech only aciton before was verbal - he merely spoke, ordering Paqad, and delayed. He can now move to Paqad's side with a move action, and have a standard action remaining. Also, Yuriel, the boy with the torch, has cried out, but has not, as yet, dropped the torch.

ooc: Edited my post to correct the torch thing.

In that case, I will use my standard action to glare threateningly at (make an Intimidate check against) the man (probably Nagid) who I am covering with the arrow.

Ghostknight

First Post
Avram looks at the crowd

Time to bring them down before this gets out of hand- maybe if we knock a few out things will go better

He swings his whip, and attempts to hit out at Jarieth (if within fifteen feet- from the map t looks like he is)

ooc: By the way - what package are you using for your maps?

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
"The Lord is my victory!" Tsedeq cries out intimidatingly as he flings the boy aside and makes towards the next man in the mob. It is enough for the boy to know that such actions can result in a lot of pain and his real intention is to reach those against whom the mob is moving and defend them until they can safely escape.

He grabs at the closest man ready to fling him aside as he pushes forward...

Last edited:

yangnome

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
The man steps in front of Caleb and gives a crisp bow in greeting. "It is only I, Kohen, Aqhat - an herbalist. I found that I needed to get away from the camp for a while. Much as yourself, maybe?"

Caleb recognizes the name as a foreign one, but not the man himself, which is not surprising as he has kept is hood up over his head, and it is rather dark anyway. The man apparently has laid out a blanket and some belongings a little ways away, by the scrub, and he has positioned himself directly in Caleb's line of sight to the items.

ooc: still waiting for Andrew to declare an action re:Hur, et al. I'll move on if he hasn't posted by Monday afternoon.
"Yes, yes, I suppose I did need to get away from the camp for a little while."

Caleb struggles a bit to see what is behind the man, trying not to be too obvious, "What brings you out here this late?"

Maerdwyn

First Post
Round 1 cleanup

Avram lashes out with his whip, striking Jarieth across the face and chest, eliciting a shriek of pain from the man. Off to the side, somewhere in the crowd, Amin's voice his heard among the rumble of other shouts, "Do you see? Do you see the Egyptian whipping us as he did at og Pithom?"

Najid's eyes narrow as he approaches the older man in a fighting stance, seemingly unimpressed by Melech's warning.

ooc: Combination of internet problems and waiting for others to post delayed this. You may post your next actions. Tsedeq's is up, but may be changed now or kept as is. Ghstknight, I use Campaign Cartographer 2 Pro for the maps, but thse are very quick and dirty - not all that representative of what the program can do.

Maerdwyn

First Post
yangnome said:
"Yes, yes, I suppose I did need to get away from the camp for a little while."

Caleb struggles a bit to see what is behind the man, trying not to be too obvious, "What brings you out here this late?"
"There is a desert flower that must be harvested in the evening. I have been seeking it, without much luck, I am afraid."

The man shift his weight, seemingly rather naturally, but in a way that blocks a clear view of his belongings beyond. Caleb was able to see what looked like a fancy bronze bowl, with a dull orange glow coming from it, before his line of sight was blocked.

Ghostknight

First Post
Avram shouts out over the crowd, rasing his voice to its fullest

"I only whip dogs, those that would defile Hashem by raising an image in his place, I only whip those who defile the camp of the Children of Israel by attacking those who seek to do Hashem's work!

With that he strikes out whith his whip again- seeking to drive Jarieth off or knock him unconscious.

Last edited:

"Do not!" Melech repeats harshly. "They are but children and an old man."
His arrowhead does not waver from its aim at Najid's face.

OOC: Readying a full-attack action using point blank shot and rapid shot. If anyone attacks Melech lethally, or he sees (assuming lines of sight, Spot checks, etc, allow it) anyone attack Paqad, Nahir, Adnon, Hur or Hulda with lethal weaponry, he will take a 5ft step back, then loose both his arrows at the attacker.

Remove ads