• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tests and Trials (Manzanita Judging)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"No, neither. It's in the air, it's not emanating from anything. It's a spell cast over the entire area..."

[sblock]OOC: I keep changing the color of the speech text, because I don't remember what they were and I didn't bother to go look. =P And to Scout, you're actually about 30 minutes ahead of the others in game time, so I'm gonna hold off on your actions for now.[/sblock]

Enkhidu

Explorer
Malen, Dwarf Wiz1

"So why in the hells would someone lay an enchantment of the seventh circle or more on this place? More importantly, why would it be laid specifically to keep only animals out?"

By the way, did anyone get a good look at how many wolves there were in that clearing? I'm a bit fuzzy on that for some reason, and that might be important to know if we need to put them down."

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin Magruder, human rogue 3

Devlin follows the conversation between Malen and Cryndo, "Oh boy, do you think that old elf was actually telling the truth and not just spinning a yard for us 'ignorant humans'?" The rogue then steps back outside to consider that possibility.

Once outside, he notices Luthiel is gone. Stifling a groan, he heads back inside the tower. "Guys, Luthiel's gone. I think he went back to the wolves."

Enkhidu

Explorer
"Then we might have problems. When Garrit said the evil was near and the wizard sprouted shafts, I thought that was that; but is that what he actually meant? Maybe it was the boy, or something in the clearing?"

Dungannon

First Post
"Assumed the old man was the source of the evil as well, Malen. I think we should return to our camp now and ask Garrit if he can tell us exactly what was the source of the evil he sensed."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
When Devlin and Malen approach Garrit with their question, he looks surprised. "Wait, you mean when you asked me if the evil was near?" He pauses and looks troubled. "I... fear I misunderstood you, Devlin. I was simply playing along with your little ploy, that the 'evil' werewolves were nearby, in the forest." Frowning, he adds, "This does not mean our actions were entirely wrong, however. The man was evil, though by no means a... a sorcerous tyrant wielding wicked power. He was simply a weak, misguided fool, I think."

Dungannon

First Post

Devlin looks incredulously at the paladin. "Oh hells, Garrit. I didn't expect you to lie along with me. I didn't even know you were capable of such deception. Not much we can do about it now, anyway. I think we better try to catch up to our elven friend before this gets too far out of hand. Garrit, I want you to come with us, but I don't want to leave the boy unattended. Cryndo...Jasper...will one of you stay with the boy and keep an eye on him? And if he comes around, see if you can find out the truth about him and the old man."

With that Devlin once again takes up his crossbow and heads toward the woods. "I can't see in the dark worth a damn. Malen, would you mind taking the lead?"

Enkhidu

Explorer
"Yes I can, as long as you stick close. I've got the feeling that if we get separated, we're food for worms." With that, as soon as the others are ready, Malen heads toward the wolves' clearing with the others in nearby tow.

While on the way, he says, "If it comes to a fight, I might be able to put one or two of the beasts to sleep, but that won't be enough unless we can pick them off one by one. If it comes to it, I can grow one of you to the size of an ogre for a short while... who wants it when the time comes?"

Dungannon

First Post

"Enlarge Garrit, he'll make the most use of it I figure. Now lets go find us our elf." Devlin motions for Malen to take the lead.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads