• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tests and Trials (Manzanita Judging)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
We are indeed waiting on Rae. And you're gonna have to wait a little longer. I'm definitely not giving up on you guys, but I have unbelievable amounts of stuff going on right now, and I need to find the time to sit down and devote a good portion of time to Enworld without losing too much sleep. So, that being said, I'll be absent at least until Sunday, possibly longer. Don't give up on me, we already lost half our group. =P Thanks for hangin' in there, guys.

Enkhidu

Explorer
OOC: I'm hoping we can pick back up fairly soon - this is the only gaming I've got going until I'm done with my new baby hiatus in January.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Alpha doesn't even open his eyes at Luthiel's comment. The great wolf simply stays seated by the rock, snout pointed towards the moon, apparently in deep concentration. Upon closer examination, Luthiel can see that Gar the Dreamer is laying down nearby, watching Alpha. Luthiel tries again, a little louder this time, but to no avail. A few moments of silence pass until finally Alpha finishes his meditation. His head comes down, his eyes open, and he stares at Luthiel for a second, then retreats into the crevice. Gar gets up and pads over to Luthiel. He growls low, but his eyes convey no intent of harm. The ancient black wolf's head jerks to the east and Gar gnashes what teeth he has left, as though tearing into an invisible piece of meat. He looks at Luthiel expectantly.

The others arrive at the clearing soon after Luthiel does. Jasper has remained behind with the boy, and the other five find their way back to the wolves' clearing with relative ease. By the time they get there, Alpha is nowhere to be seen and Gar is already having his pantomimed conversation with Luthiel.

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin watches the interaction between the wolf and elf. When it appears they are done, he approaches Luthiel.

"Let me guess, you told them the old man was dead and now they want to know about the men on the far side of the forest."

scout989

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Alpha doesn't even open his eyes at Luthiel's comment. The great wolf simply stays seated by the rock, snout pointed towards the moon, apparently in deep concentration. Upon closer examination, Luthiel can see that Gar the Dreamer is laying down nearby, watching Alpha. Luthiel tries again, a little louder this time, but to no avail. A few moments of silence pass until finally Alpha finishes his meditation. His head comes down, his eyes open, and he stares at Luthiel for a second, then retreats into the crevice. Gar gets up and pads over to Luthiel. He growls low, but his eyes convey no intent of harm. The ancient black wolf's head jerks to the east and Gar gnashes what teeth he has left, as though tearing into an invisible piece of meat. He looks at Luthiel expectantly.

The others arrive at the clearing soon after Luthiel does. Jasper has remained behind with the boy, and the other five find their way back to the wolves' clearing with relative ease. By the time they get there, Alpha is nowhere to be seen and Gar is already having his pantomimed conversation with Luthiel.

Luthiel nods his head at the old wolf's gesture, on the basis that it's safer to agree with wild animals that outnumber you. "Yes, I know they're next. I was hoping you or one of your brothers could lead us there- we've never been there."

Remove ads