Thanks, Kenzer and Company!

Quickbeam

Explorer
I missed out by only a few minutes, but it was still a great promotional idea on Kenzer & Company's part, and a real swell thing to do!!

If the adventure is half as cool as I'm hearing, it will be worth the coins spent by the rest of us.

Imperialus

Explorer
There is a guy in my HackMaster group who ordered his PHB from Kenzer direct. Anyhow Canada Post lost it, so they sent him a free copy of the book signed by every member of the staff, excludeing Dave and Jolly since they were out of town at a convention somewhere. Instead they sent him a poster that they had signed earlier.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Yay! Got my copy in the mail today! Just skimmed it so far but looks great. I really like the drawings of key areas at the end of the adventure - a very good idea for novice players & DMs. Great promotion and I can't wait to read the rest of it and get my players into it!

I just picked up Root over the weekend and read it myself. Great stuff in my opinion. Kenzer and Co. is definately getting more of my gaming dollars.

Their products are probably the most DM friendly things I've bought in my ~15 years of gaming.

Rune

Once A Fool
CrusaderX said:
Someone from Kenzer & Company was on the EN boards a week or so ago, and said that the first 10 people to email him a request would get the adventure for free. It was just a one-day thing, but who knows, they might do it again.

It was also limited to people who were new to Kalamar, which is why I didn't try to get one (even though I probably would have been one of the first responses).

Ah well...

WizarDru

Adventurer
Allow me to add my voice to the shout-out.

Thank you, Kenzer. You WILL be selling more modules to me.

My copy of 'Root of All Evil' arrived in the mail today, an unexpected gem. If this is the quality of all of Kenzer's D&D/Kalamar products, I'll be acquiring more.

Well written (so far that I've read), plenty of nice maps that are an equal of anything WOTC's put out so far in the core series (and the Zoa city map is a thing of beauty, IMHO). That's not a detraction on WOTC...that's a recommendation on Kenzer. The text is well laid-out (an oft overlooked aspect of many modules) and the module itself is lusciously large and detailed.

Best of all, it has my favorite feature of modules, a love borne of 'Tomb of Horrors' and 'Expedition to the Barrier Peaks': player aid pictures! Joy! Lovely artwork to show off to my players during games is something that always wins me over. Just ask Fiery Dragon. :D

If the rest of the module reads half as interesting as my cursory examination, I'll be buying the Kalamar setting soon. The book struck me as a little bland before, but Root of All Evil showcases the setting well. The DM Map will the local language listings and translations beneath impressed me (ex: Ogiir Heut is Ogres Here...I just love that).

So again, thank you Kenzer.

One question: Are both sequel modules out yet?

Yes WizardDru the next two of the series are out, along with about another 5 (if memory serves). Their 2002 lineup is looking tasty indeed with more sourcebooks and a truly awesome sounding players guide (coming out in April I think). I don't remember the crunchy numbers exactly but more weapons and armor, PrC for the setting, and something like 70 new feats.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Personally, I thank Kenzer for HackMaster. The core rule books are definitely leapfrogging their way onto my list of best RP game books ever produced.

Rune

Once A Fool
Disciple of Darwin said:
Yes WizardDru the next two of the series are out, along with about another 5 (if memory serves). Their 2002 lineup is looking tasty indeed with more sourcebooks and a truly awesome sounding players guide (coming out in April I think). I don't remember the crunchy numbers exactly but more weapons and armor, PrC for the setting, and something like 70 new feats.

A couple of new core classes, too, I think. Check out their messageboards sometime.

Remove ads