• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Actual Table of Contents for Xanathar's Guide to Everything

A lot of good stuff there. Of course, on the DM side, a lot of stuff is not there, but I like what I see. Actually, one of the most useful things will be the appendix of sample names.

A lot of good stuff there.

Of course, on the DM side, a lot of stuff is not there, but I like what I see.

Actually, one of the most useful things will be the appendix of sample names.

pkt77242

Explorer
Irrelevant. There's rehash, and there's 17 pages of names no one asked for. That's all I need to know that this is a waste of money and the paper it's printed on.

It is perfectly fine for you to believe that. Just as it is perfectly fine for others to believe that it is worth their money. No one is wrong in this situation, unless you try to tell others that what they believe is wrong/bad.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Heck, even the most popular, the Forge Cleric, had significant changes. I'm willing to bet that once we see the others, they will all have been changed, rendering the UAs obsolete.

Sent from my VS987 using EN World mobile app
Beyond obselete, the UA versions we're explicitly not balanced, but were just concept tests. The final book versions will actually be appropriate for normal use.

Irrelevant. There's rehash, and there's 17 pages of names no one asked for. That's all I need to know that this is a waste of money and the paper it's printed on.
If it's not relevant, why did you respond to that poster as if it were? And, while I didn't ask for such lists, in quite happy to see them, so, at least for me and some others here, they are worth the paper they are printed on.

Sent from my VS987 using EN World mobile app

Xeviat

Hero
I’m real excited for this book. Volo’s gave me a lot of player and DM material. I didn’t use much of Sword Coast since I don’t run FR really, so Volo’s was a treat. I’m excited for the DM material in here, like the traps and the downtime. Heck, half of me is considering going back to 4E, so new 5E material is all that’s keeping me around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martinlochsen

Explorer
I play a lot with teenagers, and you know what? They don't go to the internet to find names. They use the ones in PHB (the most popular one is the elven name "Faen", which means Satan in norwegian and is a commonly used swear word, naturally). I have no idea why. They're supposed to be "digital natives" and all that, and they spend most of their lives online. Still, that's the way of it. I'm sure they are going to look at the lists of names in XG, and say "Wow, cool! New names to choose from!".

Most of the time, this content isn't going to be useful to me, but I can see its usefulness to others, and especially those kids, and I think it's cool that they get something they like and need. Not everything is about what I need, and anyway - I can also see certain situations when this could indeed be useful to me as well. Sometimes, you're caught without the internet - sometimes, you don't want to put a device on the table just for the sake of googling names. This is perfectly fine to me.

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
I'm pretty sure this factually useless argument is factually useless.
Cite.

dropbear was being sarcastic.
YOU DON'T KNOW ME!

I would like to add that I'm also in the boat of, "Reprinted content? WTF?!" But having said that, it's a couple of classes versus a whole bunch of new content. I've already pre-purchased the collector's edition cover and the DDB version. I don't feel like I was ripped off but I do feel like it could've been better.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Books like this have page batches of 32: both appendices probably for put in to make up for an additional 32 page block necessitated by the other content once added up.

G

Guest 6801328

I might buy extra copies just to encourage WotC to print more books like this. It's amusing watching the reactions.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads