• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Adventurer's Guild

Goel

First Post
"Prepare to Die"
OOC: Sledge does a bull rush to the bugbear
OOC:
OOC:
OOC:

OOC: if hit then target slides back one space, I slide into its former space and make another atack
both attacks are against fortitude
If second attack is successful opponent is knocked prone
I then use an action point and attack again, I need to know if he is prone
I'm also marking the target as a minor action

Last edited:

bluesfella

Explorer
OOC: if hit then target slides back one space, I slide into its former space and make another atack
both attacks are against fortitude
If second attack is successful opponent is knocked prone
I then use an action point and attack again, I need to know if he is prone
I'm also marking the target as a minor action

OOC: He is prone. He can't go back any further, or he'd be off the map, but if you want to push him one square up or down, you can.

Both attacks hit, so go ahead and roll damage for the 2nd attack and use your AP! Nice hits, by the way!

bluesfella

Explorer
GM: Please everyone make sure and post your Move/Minor/Standard actions (in the order you perform them) like so:

[sblock=Sledge's Actions]Move: to H9
Standard: Charge to I13, use "Bull Charge"
Minor: Mark Bugbear[/sblock]

GM: You don't HAVE to use a spoiler block like that, but I much prefer it that way. For instructions on how to use spoiler blocks and other code, go here: EN World: Your Daily RPG Magazine - BB Code List

OOC: Spencer, I'm assuming that's where you moved/charged so that you didn't provoke any opportunity attacks. If I'm wrong, just let me know!

Goel

First Post
OOC: Standard: Bedeviling Attack against bugbear
Effect:Until end of encounter, when an ally hits target with a melee attack , you can make a melee basic attack with combat advantage against target

bluesfella

Explorer
The Bugbear, surprised and angered by Sledge's bold knock-down pulls himself together, stands up, and delivers a crushing blow back to the dwarf. The Orc archer closest to them turns and fires his mighty longbow, sinking an arrow deep into his armor.

The second Orc archer looses his arrow at the Paladin, but his shot goes wide.

The last archer, obviously trying to impress, notches two arrows intended for the softer targets at the rear of the party. The first arrow hits Brocc squarely, but the second arrow narrowly misses the cleric.

The kobold rushes forward to engage the Paladin - it seems he is not a "lead from behind" type. However, instead of a direct assault, he tries to use his lack of height as an advantage, and swings his axe below Nicodemus' shield. He connects with a knee, and throws Nicodemus off a bit, which allows the kobold to get in another cheap shot, causing a bit more damage.

"I like that ssshiny sssword, Paladin. I think it will be the firssst thing I pluck from your dead bodiesss!"

Heartened by his leader's actions, the Orc nearest Nicodemus swings at him and hits with his axe as well.

The other three orcs charge blindly into battle - two of them try to strike at Mallick, but he manages to block one of them with his sword. The final orc hits Brocc hard, almost bringing him down.

The kobold taunts once again: "You should have paid the toll, Paladin. Now you and your friendsss will pay with your livesss!"

[sblock=map]
bandits1b.jpg
[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Actions/Rolls]Bugbear's "Bushwack" attack against Sledge (1d20+10+4=34, 1d10+6=7) Crit! for 16 damage! (Sledge)
Orc Archer 3 Longbow attack vs. Sledge (1d20+11=24, 1d10+6=7) Hit for 7 damage (Sledge)
Orc Archer 2 Longbow attack vs. Nicodemus (1d20+11=17, 1d10+6=8) Miss (Nicodemus)
Orc Archer 1 Longbow burst attack vs. Brocc (1d20+9=24, 1d10+6=12) Hit for 12 damage (Brocc)
Orc Archer 1 Longbow burst attack vs. Alain (1d20+9=12) Miss (Alain)
Kobold Chieftan's "Knee-Splitter" attack vs. Nicodemus (1d20+12=25, 2d8+5=20) Hit for 20 damage! (Nicodemus)
Kobold Chieftan's "Cheap Shot" attack vs. Nicodemus (1d20+12=23, 1d8=7) Hit for 7 damage (Nicodemus)
Orc Savage 2 vs. Nicodemus (1d20+11=28) Hit for 8 damage (Nicodemus)
Orc Savage 1 vs. Mallick (1d20+11=20) Hit for 12 damage (Mallick)
Orc Savage 4 vs. Mallick (1d20+11=14) Miss (Mallick)
Orc Savage 3 vs. Brocc (1d20+10=25) Hit for 12 damage (Brocc)[/sblock][sblock=Status]Nicodemus:20/55 hp, AP 1, bloodied
Alain:42/42 hp, AP 1
Sledge:38/61 hp, AP 0, used: Bull Charge, Bedeviling Assault
Mallick:35/47 hp, AP 1
Brocc:14/38 hp, AP 1, bloodied

Bugbear:27 damage taken, marked by Sledge
Kobold Chieftain: no damage taken
Orc Archer 1: no damage taken
Orc Archer 2: no damage taken
Orc Archer 3: no damage taken
Orc Savage 1: no damage taken
Orc Savage 2: no damage taken
Orc Savage 3: no damage taken
Orc Savage 4: no damage taken[/sblock]

bennage

Explorer
Brocc staggers back from brutal blow of the Orc, then vanishes suddenly. A second later he appears, withdrawn under the trees, fingers against his temple and gripping a pulsing orb. The air tingles and motion passes abruptly through wind, like an invisible arrow, towards the Orc. The savage, barbaric creature eyes his comrade and fingers his axe.

[sblock=Brocc's Actions]
Immediate Reaction: "Fade Away"
Move: to O2 (no opportunity attack due to invisibility)
Standard: "Betrayal" w/1 power point, attempt slide the Orc from K5 to J6 and provoke an attack on the Orc in J7. (basic melee +3 attack, +3 damage)
Minor: "Ghost Sound" mutter in Common from J6 "Might as well kill you sot an' 'crease my share."
Action Point: "Second Wind", 9hp, +2 all defenses
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Goel

First Post
Sledge, although seriously wounded pauses only for a second and suddenly appears well again. The next second he is swinging his ax towards the vitals of the bugbear

OOC: Move: None
Minor: Healing surge, 30hp, +2 bonus to defenses
Standard: "Sure Strike" melee vs AC

Last edited:

bluesfella

Explorer
When Brocc disappears, the orc that was next to him suddenly gets a dazed look in his ugly face, turns and attacks his comrade. He hits him in the back of the head with his axe, dropping him immediately. As soon as he falls, the dazed look is gone, replaced by a look of confusion and fear.

Meanwhile, Sledge's abrupt attack against the Bugbear bloodies him.

Last edited:

Harumph

First Post
[sblock=Mallick's actions]
Move: None

Minor:
JtHAO.png

Lethal Hunter Feat.
Marking Orc at J8.

Standard:
G6Z6f.png

[/sblock]