• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Adventurer's Guild

bluesfella

Explorer
The stable boy comes into the tavern and announces that "Your horses are ready, sirs!". As you make your way out of Fallcrest heading East, several villagers stare in wonder and admiration at the four mounted warriors and one puma. Adventurers are fairly common in Fallcrest, but the common folks still enjoy sending them off with a mini "parade".

After leaving the city, you have time to take in the surrounding countryside. It is late Autumn in the Vale, and the trees have turned into their spectacular golds, reds, and yellows. The air is crisp and cool, and the sky is a clear, bright blue.

The first few days are uneventful, as you travel through farmland and smaller villages. Eventually, the King's Road takes you into Harken Forest. The road is still well-maintained (mostly), but there is little traffic. Not much trade comes through here any more, and it's far enough from Fallcrest to be only occasionally patrolled. You keep a wary eye out for bandits and thieves, but travelling in a group as you are is a good deterrent.

However, as you approach a narrow bend in the road, you start to feel uneasy...this place is perfect for an ambush. Sure enough, a lone figure steps into the road ahead of you and calls out to you. "Well, now, gentlemensss! Thiss iss my road you are traveling on, and I demand a toll!"

As he draws closer, you can see that the creature is a kobold, but is easily the tallest kobold you have ever seen. You search the surrounding area, but if he has accomplices, they must be exceptionally well hidden.

[sblock=Map:]
bandit1e.jpg
[/sblock]

OOC: None of you have the mounted fighting feat, so we'll just pretend there are no horses involved - you'd have to spend your move action getting down off of them, and then they'd just be in the way. So we'll handle this as if you were all on foot.

Also, we aren't in initiative yet, and you don't have time to move, but you are free to talk and draw weapons.

Nicodemous

First Post
Forgive us if we don't seem surprised to see you. You thieves are nothing if not predictable. The only toll we'll be paying this day is to let you keep your life, if you leave now. (Let's light it up. Valor, my Holy sword bursts into flame...)

Nicodemous

First Post
Forgive us if we don't seem surprised to see you. You thieves are nothing if not predictable. The only toll we'll be paying this day is to let you keep your life, if you leave now. (Let's light it up. Valor, my Holy sword bursts into flame...)
don't know if I can roll an intimidate here, but here it is if I can.

Harumph

First Post
pj703l.jpg
: You sure are tall for a kobold. Perhaps I can cut you down to a more manageable size. HAHA!

OOC: I draw my scimitars

You certainly picked the wrong group to rob!. Do we look like rich merchants? Ah! If only it were so! Alas, the only gift I can give you is knowledge. Do you know what your entrails look like? You're about to find out! Too bad the knowledge will do you no good!

Remove ads