The Adventurer's Guild

EisenbergEffect

First Post
Well, lately it's been all undead and evil wizards :yawn: Drakes sound like a nice change of pace. How far away is this town and do you have any leads that we should follow when we arrive?

bennage

Explorer
"Well Captain, if it's far away then we'd best get started. Anything you think we might need to take along on this endeavor?"

Last edited:

bluesfella

Explorer
Alain hands Harkness his map of the Vale, and he scratches a small red X on it, to indicate the location of Elkridge.

"There are two ways to get there, you can either take the longer and safer Trade Road to the north, or the shorter King's Road to the south. Been a bit of bandit activity on the old King's Road, though, so be warned."

He shows the map to Alain. "Here you go" he says, indicating the spot on the map he marked. "Elkridge is due south of Hammerfast. Mavros is the village elder, he'd be the one to talk to."
[sblock=map]
nentirvaleplayermap.jpg
[/sblock][sblock=Drake Nature/History knowledge:]Warwing Drakes are not only renowned for their strength, but for having superb mental awareness. They are well-suited to serving as aerial mounts, and can understand spoken Draconic. They were orignally bred by dragonborn to serve as flying mounts, but turned wild after the Dragonborn Empire collapsed and were thought to be extinct.[/sblock]
"Please go as quickly as you can. We just got word of the problem this morning, but I understand they've been losing villagers and crops for the last few days. They need help as quickly as they can get it. Lord Markelhay sends his thanks, and you have my gratitude as well. Farewell, and good hunting!"

OOC: Harkness takes his leave here. You just need to decide which route to take. You have a few horses and a wagon you can use, or you can each take a single horse. Choose quickly.

EisenbergEffect

First Post
I'm not worried about bandits.... It seams to me, that if this needs to get taken care of quickly, we should take the King's Road. What say my companions?

bluesfella

Explorer
[sblock=A few rules/guidelines:]Skill checks: I'll post skill check results in spoiler blocks, as you've seen so far. If I put specific names in the title, only those people should read them, and if I put a specific skill and DC ("Nature DC20", for example), then only those who make that check successfully should read it. If you make a successful check and read the info, you can use a free action to speak to your friends (if they are in range) and tell them that info if you choose to do so. If you yell at your friends and enemies are in range, they will hear you as well and possibly adjust their tactics, so keep that in mind.

Combat: I will roll initiative for everyone (I'll add your bonuses), and the enemies/monsters will all share the same initiative.

• First, players with a higher init than the bad guys go, in any order they please.
  • Then the bad guys take their turns.
  • Then all of the players get to go, again, in any order they please.

Actions are assumed to take place in post order, so if you want to delay for someone else's action, just wait until after they post (unless it's some sort of coordinated thing).

If a player uses a power that grants a bonus to all other players until the start of his next turn, then everyone will get to make use of that bonus once on their turn, even if that player takes his next turn before someone else gets to go.

For any other details, we'll handle them as they come up. It's pretty easy once you get used to it.

On your turn (in combat), please describe your actions and post any dialog, then use a spoiler block to post your Standard,
/Move/Minor actions. (Optional, but it would help me if you can do it: Also post a mini stat block that shows me where your hit points are, and all of your used encounter/daily powers, etc. If you choose not to, it's more work for me, but I'll do my best.)

Here's an example page from the other campaign I'm playing in right now. My player name is Zardi (Rob and Jonathan, it's not the Zardi you know - I just re-used the name): http://www.enworld.org/forum/living...church-time-dm-benbrown-judge-renau1g-13.html

To learn how to do spoiler blocks and Out-Of-Character tags and just about anything else, I have this page bookmarked: EN World: Your Daily RPG Magazine - BB Code List

Deadlines: I am trying to run this on a 24 hour schedule, which means everyone should be able to post at least once a day. If I don't hear from you after 48 hours, I reserve the right to play your character for that round. If you know you aren't going to be able to post on certain days, let me or someone else know and we'll run your character for you until you can post. If you can't post for a long time, I'll have to remove your character, or the whole thing grinds to a halt.

One more recommendation: Subscribe to the thread, so that it sends you e-mails when someone posts. That's the best way I've found to save time. Just go up to the top right, and choose "Thread Tools" and his "Subscribe to this thread". It will only send you one email until you go and view the thread again, so you won't be getting tons of them if you don't want to.[/sblock]

bennage

Explorer
"Bandits aren't a concern to me either. Though I did hear the King's Road is a bit muddy this time of year. I may need to hop over to the Jewel-eyed Dragon and pick up a new pair of boots. Wouldn't want to soil these."

Nicodemous

First Post
Bandits don't concern me as much as one of my companions caring so much about soiling his clothing. Let's get moving. Shall we take the wagon? I feel single horses will allow us to move faster.

Remove ads