The Adventurer's Guild

bluesfella

Explorer
[sblock=Insight 16]
OOC: Don't read this unless you roll a 16 or higher, please. We'll use the honor system. Alain can share the info with you later if he likes.
[sblock=Insight 16]Captain Harkness seems tired, and a bit bothered to be asking someone else to take care of this situation. He would prefer to be on the front lines doing the job himself, but his responsibilities here keep him out of the battles he longs to be a part of.[/sblock][/sblock]

bluesfella

Explorer
"Ah, these are not dragons, but drakes. If Elkridge had a problem with DRAGONS, we would have to send our entire army!" He chuckles a bit to himself..."no, these drakes are more like wee cousins of dragons, and this is a breed that were once raised for warfare, in the empires of the North. War-wing Drakes, they called them. Much smarter than the regular guard drakes those filthy kobolds raise. These can be made to carry riders into battle. I bet that's a fearsome sight, a drake as big as a horse, flying through the air with a soldier on it's back!"

"Anyway, no riders have been seen, these seem to be just feral animals eating livestock and what not. The poor village just needs some help clearing them out - they don't have any standing militia, and they're a bit too remote for mercen..., ah "adventurers" like yourself to pay them regular visits. So, I've been asked to hire someone to take care of their little problem."

bennage

Explorer
"Oh yes, well, I did mean to say drakes. Sometimes I do get a bit ahead of myself I'm afraid. I just can't quite recall what happened in the North to cause the drakes to go extinct. Was it just that, because the empires declined, everyone assumed the drakes were extinct?"

OOC: Oh, not that it matter but that last roll should have been +1, I didn't level up before I made it.

EisenbergEffect

First Post
Captain, you seam a bit distracted....weary...and I'm surprised that you and your men aren't handling this yourselves. Is there anything else we should know about this situation? Is there anything else we may be able to assist you with?

Nicodemous

First Post
Diplomacy Check

Taking a que from Alain, I support his inquiry.

Yes, Captain, we are not only adventurers, but I am also the founder of the Order of the Holy Sword and I am sworn to dedicate my life to helping those who need protection. If there is more you'd need to tell us, now is the time.

bluesfella

Explorer
Captain, you seam a bit distracted....weary...and I'm surprised that you and your men aren't handling this yourselves. Is there anything else we should know about this situation? Is there anything else we may be able to assist you with?

"Nah, my men can handle the local stuff no problem. We just can't spread ourselves too thin. Elkridge is too far away for us to send troops from Fallcrest - that's why I came to you."

[sblock=Common Knowledge:]Elkridge is a small farming village on the edge of the Dawnforge Mountains, due south of Hammerfast. I'll get a map put up tomorrow with it's location shown.

Also, Harkness seems perfectly trustworthy, if a little weary. I mainly wanted you to all get a bit a of practice with the dice roller before we got going.[/sblock]

Remove ads