• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Adventurer's Guild

bluesfella

Explorer
Brocc moves up behind Sledge, trying to stay with the party.

Mallick and Nicodemus can now see the Dragonborn that is crouching behind some rubble (at N12). He seems to be waiting for something, and does not attack or make any movements at this time. He is difficult to see in the darkness, but he is wearing heavy armor and carrying some sort of weapon. As he is crouched and mostly hidden, it is impossible to tell what type of weapon it is.

GM: I had Sledge one square too far in my last map, but I've corrected it for this one. Mallick and Nicodemus can see as far as row L - the darker gray areas beyond that are what only Sledge can see (as he is the only one with Low-light Vision).

The enemies are delaying for this round, so you may go again now!

[sblock=Map]
rubble6.png
[/sblock]

Harumph

First Post
OOC: I will make a thievery check in order to determine any traps, tripwires or ambushes.

whispering: Hold fast, my brothers. I suspect a trap. Hmmmmmm....

bluesfella

Explorer
Brocc keeps near to Mallick as they move forward, the dragonborn simply staring at you with murderous intent in his eyes. A moment later, the doors in the north end of the tower burst open, and another dragonborn enters. This one is different, though...his features are much more reptilian than most. He looks like a viper, with a long forked tongue flitting between his teeth.[sblock=He looks like this]
zehir.png
[/sblock]"I am Bejik Vuthaner, the first of my race to be "perfected" by Zehir. As you are not one of the invited, your blood will simply serve to further our rituals. Let the conquest of Zehir begin with you!" He then shouts a short incantation in dragonborn, and all the lights go out.

[sblock=This is what you saw BEFORE the lights went out]The heavy rubble that chokes doorways and halls is impassable. The light rubble strewn across the floor counts as difficult terrain.

The broken pieces of statues and their pedestals provide cover. The intact northwest statue at I4 provides superior cover. It costs 2 squares of movement to climb over a piece of statue or maneuver around the intact statue.

finaltower6.png
[/sblock]You hear a brief moment of scuffling about, then Mallick cries out in pain as a spear pierces his hide armor.

You then hear the all-too-familiar sound of a dragonborn breathing fire, but this fire gives no light. Instead, it washes over Mallick, Brocc, and Nicodemus as a sickly poison cloud, sticking to their armor and eating away at them.

An arrow hits Nicodemus from the darkness, causing him to stumble. He remains standing, but is wounded by the shot.

Nicodemus then hears the crunch of rubble underfoot as the dragonborn in waiting finally makes his move. He holds his shield up, not able to see the strike, but it is enough to keep the dragonborn's flail from connecting.

Sledge and Brocc suddenly feel the presence of the ghostly dragonborn they fought earlier.
[sblock=Reminder]Go back and read the statements made by Vrak when you spoke with (and fought) her on pgs. 43 and 44 of this thread.[/sblock]Vrak swings her sword at Sledge, but it is a half-hearted attempt, and does not connect. She then steps back and breaths her ghostly breath weapon at Brocc and Sledge, but only the dwarf succumbs to the fear-causing blast. Sledge is momentarily dazed, as the blast rips through his mind.

As Brocc readies himself for his response, a small dragon-like animal crashes into him. It was seemingly attempting to bite him, but must have gotten confused in the darkness. It disengages and flies off.

[sblock=Rolls]Spear of the Forked Tongue vs. Mallick (1d20+11=24, 1d10+4=11) Hit for 11 damage (Mallick)
Enlarged Dragon Breath vs. Mallick (1d20+8=27, 1d6+3=9) Hit for 9 damage (Mallick) + ongoing 5 poison damage
Enlarged Dragon Breath vs. Sledge (1d20+8=15, 1d6+3=7) Miss (Sledge)
Enlarged Dragon Breath vs. Brocc (1d20+8-2=25) Hit for 9 damage (Brocc) + ongoing 5 poison damage
Enlarged Dragon Breath vs. Nicodemus (1d20+8-2=22) Hit for 9 damage (Nicodemus) + ongoing 5 poison damage
Disruptive Shot vs. Nic (1d20+8=22, 1d10+4=7) Hit for 7 damage (Nic), granting combat advantage
Vicious Strike vs. Nic (1d20+7=8, 3d6+4=15) Miss (Nic)
Phantom Sword vs. Sledge (1d20+9=10, 1d8+2=5) Miss (Sledge)
Howling Breath vs. Sledge (1d20+7=23, 2d6+2=7) Hit for 7 psychic damage (Sledge), dazed
Howling Breath vs. Brocc (1d20+7=14) Miss (Brocc)
Flyby Attack vs. Brocc (1d20+8=16, 1d8+4=9) Miss (Brocc)[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]Bejik: No damage taken
AC-21
Fort-18
Ref-17
Will-20

Vrak: No damage taken
AC-18
Fort-16
Ref-15
Will-16

Brigand: No damage taken
AC-19
Fort-18
Ref-15
Will-16

Sniper: No damage taken
AC-18
Fort-14
Ref-17
Will-15

Pseudodragon: No damage taken
AC-17
Fort-14
Ref-15
Will-14

**Dragonborn gain a +1 racial bonus to attack rolls when bloodied.**[/sblock][sblock=Status]Brocc: 29/38 hp, ongoing 5 poison damage
6/6 surges remaining

Mallick: 27/47 hp, ongoing 5 poison damage
6/6 surges remaining

Nicodemus: 39/55 hp, ongoing 5 poison damage
10/10 surges remaining

Sledge: 54/61 hp, Dazed (only one action on your turn)
12/12 surges remaining[/sblock]

bluesfella

Explorer
OOC: All of you are carrying the standard Adventurer's Kit, which has two sunrods. That would take two minor actions (one to pull it out, one to light it) unless you have the Quickdraw feat, which would reduce it to one minor action.

Nicodemus can still re-light Valor as a Free action, I believe.

Bejik's incantation extinguished all forms of light, but there is nothing preventing you from re-lighting them.

Sledge was holding an actual torch, and there aren't any rules to cover that, so we'll just call it a minor action to re-light it.

Nicodemous

First Post
"Let's light it up!"

My sword reignites into flame and I try to see what's before me.

Ready action remains for anyone within range. Invigorating Smite.

Remove ads