The Adventurer's Guild

bluesfella

Explorer
GM: Nicodemus didn't need to move to O11 to reach the brigand as Sledge had just shifted him into that spot on his turn.
GM: Mallick takes 5 ongoing poison damage, then fails his save against it. Mallick's save vs. Poison (1d20=3)

With a shriek, the pseudodragon falls back dead from Brocc's mental attack.

Bejik, still spitting blood, sees the tiny dragon fall and curses at Brocc in Dragonborn. Then focusing all his anger at the ghost in front of him, says "Vrak Tiburcaex, I release you from my service! Join your ancestors in the afterlife, knowing that you have failed to protect this citadel!" Quickly, the warwing drake bites the ghost, holding her in place for a moment while Bejik runs her through with his spear. She screams "Noooo!" as she begins to evaporate while floating up to the ceiling. In a last act of defiance, Vrak takes hold of a piece of structural masonry embedded in the roof. "Run, my friends! If I cannot protect this holy place from his evil plot, it is better for it to be lost forever." Before disipating completely, she pulls the piece of masonry free, and the entire ceiling starts to tremble and convulse as bits of rock and rubble start breaking loose and falling.

The brigand was in the middle of swinging his flail at the dwarf when the rubble started to fall. He gets distracted by the impending collapse and misses Sledge completely.

Similarly, the arrow that the sniper had just launched towards Nicodemus gets knocked out of the air by a falling piece of rubble.

The smallest rocks have started falling first, turning the entire floor into difficult terrain. Very quickly, some of the larger pieces of rubble come next. A particularly large piece of ceiling falls on Bejik, knocking him to the ground and crushing the remaining life out of him. His drake is hit as well, but not killed outright. Both Mallick and Nicodemus are hit by falling rubble as well, leaving the ranger barely standing.
GM: Mallick only has 1 hp remaining, and will take 5 ongoing poison damage at the beginning of his turn. Keep that in mind as you plan your turns out.
[sblock=Map] Characters with a red dot are Bloodied
The entire floor is covered in rubble now, making it all difficult terrain.
rubble9.png
[/sblock][sblock=Rolls]Drake's Bite vs. Vrak (1d20+9=19, 1d10+4=9) Hit (Vrak) for 9 damage
Spear vs. Vrak (1d20+12=30, 1d10+4=10) Hit (Vrak) for 10 damage
Brigand's Flail vs. Sledge (1d20+8=10, 2d6+4=10) Miss (Sledge)
Longbow vs. Nic (1d20+10=11, 1d10+4=10) Miss (Nic)
Rubble vs. Drake, Bejik, Mallick, Brocc, Nic, Brigand, Sledge (1d20+4=23, 1d20+4=18, 1d20+4=17, 1d20+4=8, 1d20+4=19, 1d20+4=10, 1d20+4=11, 2d6+2=9) Hit (Drake, Bejik, Mallick, Nic) for 9 damage, Misses Brocc, Brigand and Sledge[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]Bejik: Dead
AC-21
Fort-18
Ref-17
Will-20

Brigand: 53 damage taken, Bloodied
AC-19
Fort-18
Ref-15
Will-16

Sniper: No damage taken
AC-18
Fort-14
Ref-17
Will-15

Pseudodragon: Dead
AC-17
Fort-14
Ref-15
Will-14

Warwing Drake: 16 damage taken
AC-18
Fort-17
Ref-16
Will-15

**Dragonborn gain a +1 racial bonus to attack rolls when bloodied.**[/sblock][sblock=Collapsing Ceiling Hazard]Perception DC 15: As a free action, the character can shout directions to an ally within 5 and give that ally a +2 Reflex bonus until the start of the character's next turn.

As a minor action, a character can make a DC 10 Acrobatics or Athletics check to dodge nimbly between falling rubble. With a successful check, a character takes half damage from rubble until the start of the character's next turn.[/sblock][sblock=Status]Brocc: 24/38 hp
6/6 surges remaining

Mallick: 1/47 hp, Bloodied, ongoing 5 poison damage
5/6 surges remaining
Used Action Point
Used Jaws of the Wolf

Nicodemus: 21/55 hp, Bloodied
9/10 surges remaining
Used Fearsome Smite

Sledge: 37/61 hp
12/12 surges remaining
Used Action Point
Used Bedeviling Assault
Used Savage Advance[/sblock]

Nicodemous

First Post
I move to Mallick's aid and bless him with Bahamut's strength.

Move: Shift O9.
Standard: Move to O8
Minor: Lay on Hands/Healing hands (I spend a healing surge and Mallick regains hit points as though he spent a surge. Add +3 for Healing Hands)

Goel

First Post
Sledge takes a swing at the brigand and begins to shift away.

[sblock=action]minor: athletics check
standard: basic melee
move: shift to P12 [/sblock]

OOC: total damage 19 + 3 = 22

Last edited:

bluesfella

Explorer
GM: The dwarf cuts down the brigand on his way towards the door.

Note: You can't actually shift into difficult terrain unless you have a special feat for it (and the entire floor is difficult terrain right now). But, since you killed the brigand, you don't have to worry about opportunity attacks, so you can retcon your post to include a full move if you like. Don't forget every square costs 2 movement due to the whole floor being difficult terrain.

bluesfella

Explorer
GM: One more thing - Nicodemus shifted as a part of his turn, which he can't do. (Difficult terrain, see my note to Spencer above) I'm going to do a simple retcon on that, but it means the Brigand gets an opportunity attack as he has to to move normally.
As Nicodemus moves to help his friend, the brigand gets one last shot at the paladin, bringing him closer to death.[sblock=OA vs. Nic]Brigand's OA vs. Nic (1d20+8=26, 2d6+4=11) Hit for 11 damage[/sblock]

bluesfella

Explorer
Did you count the fact that I used my second wind?
GM: Yep. You had 4 hp, then you took your second wind, bringing you up to 15. But, you were still suffering ongoing 5 poison damage...so technically, you should have been dead at the beginning of your turn before you even got to take your second wind. But I let it slide and just applied it after the fact, which brought you down to 10 hp. Then you got hit for 9 damage from falling rubble, leaving you with 1 hp remaining.

Nicodemus just healed you for 14 hp, so you now have 15 total. You are still taking 5 ongoing poison damage, so at the beginning of your turn you will be back down to 10 again. Don't forget to roll your save at the end of your turn.

And yes, that is a staircase leading up.

Harumph

First Post
OOC: Mallick is going to move toward the staircase. I assume he can only move 6 squares under current conditions, assuming a double move?

OOC: 2 move actions to square u9

bennage

Explorer
Brocc stumbles along after Mallick, when an eerily powerful voice builds in his throat speaking encouragement to the roughen ranger.

[sblock=actions]
move to T8
Majestic Word on Mallick
The target can spend a healing surge and regain
additional hit points equal to your Charisma modifier (+3).
You also slide the target 1 square.
[/sblock]

Remove ads