The Age of Worms - Morrus' Campaign - Finished 6th August!!

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Oh my word...that is one epic battle, and kudos to Eccles for coming up with all this tricks and strategems!

Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Cerulean_Wings

First Post
I'm with ya, Tallarn; Eccles has got his fair share of goodies to sunder in the name of saving the world to deadly effect :]

Gah, I forgot to mention the Sphere of Anihilation in my post! Oh well.

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
Tallarn said:
Oh my word...that is one epic battle, and kudos to Eccles for coming up with all this tricks and strategems!

Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

Sadly, my favourite cunning plot was impossible - I'd planned to wish into existence 1000 pints of holy water. We checked with Fahrlanghan before going up the stairs, and Kyuss was immune to Holy Water. Shame. I was looking forward to dumping 2000d4 damage (ref save for half) over the deity and watching Morrus' face!

carborundum

Adventurer
I wonder if another suicide angel will do something naughty with a portable hole and a bag of holding in the region of Kyuss' face...

Can't wait to find out how this ends! thanks again for the top class writeup!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Eccles said:
Sadly, my favourite cunning plot was impossible - I'd planned to wish into existence 1000 pints of holy water. We checked with Fahrlanghan before going up the stairs, and Kyuss was immune to Holy Water. Shame. I was looking forward to dumping 2000d4 damage (ref save for half) over the deity and watching Morrus' face!

Eh, I told you how I'd have rules that; you can't get "wetter" than complete immersion,and complete immersion in lava or acid has always been 20d6.

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
Ummm... Hose him in some way? I'm sure there'd have been some way around it. Maybe duct tape the portable hole filled with the stuff around one of his feet...

Quickbeam

Explorer
Late to the Game...

While I'm a bit late in finding my way to your SH Eccles (time away from EN World will do that to you), I wanted to post regarding your group's experiences during the Three Faces of Evil. I ran this campaign for our group, and reading another version of events is truly wonderful.

For me, your depiction of the encounters near the beginning of the second module brought back a flood of memories. The methods collectively employed to remove the bells from the skeletons in the initial dungeon guard room were brilliant. And yet despite your efforts the dire boar nearly brought down most of your party after being released by the tiefling.

Our party made the rather comical and dubious decision to embark on this campaign with NO CLERIC :eek: !! They felt a druid here, a bard there, along with a pleasant mix of potions and wands would do the trick as things progressed. Of course, none of those modest healing avenues provide turning against undead foes. In our game, the encounter you described was absolutely hysterical from my perspective as DM.

First, they failed to recognize the bells on skeleton corpses as a likely early warning system. When the skeletons arose, they could not be turned (again, no party cleric) and combat ensued while various cultist minions and tieflings responded to the alarm. The PC's rolled very poorly on their attacks prolonging combat, all the while sustaining a fair amount of damage from the skeletons and cultists. That's when the Kraken (dire boar) was released into the fray :cool: . Truly hilarious stuff, although the players didn't think so at the time. On the plus side, this particular series of events caused me to enter an NPC cleric into the party mix forthwith.

Hopefully you won't mind me chiming in on occasion with anecdotes related to our group's experiences in contrast to your own. This is an excellent SH and I appreciate being able to sift through the deeds -- and misdeeds -- of your characters.

Remove ads