D&D General The Alexandrian’s Insights In a Nutshell [+]

I've certainly put the wilderness part to use, but - as I recall - when playing it as a kid for the first time, the DM just skipped to the cavers.
There's a grid map, but it's pretty useless. The scale is tiny, and it doesn't follow the mapping rules for either 1e or B/X. Only 3 locations are noted and one of them is not detailed at all. Not to say it is unusable but it certainly isn't a good map for a starting GM.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
There's a grid map, but it's pretty useless. The scale is tiny, and it doesn't follow the mapping rules for either 1e or B/X. Only 3 locations are noted and one of them is not detailed at all. Not to say it is unusable but it certainly isn't a good map for a starting GM.
You are probably right. As I wrote, my then beginner DM skipped that part. When I first ran B2, I already had some experience as a DM.

pemerton

Legend
When I've used B2, I've approached it more AW-ish (although the first time I did this was in the late 80s, so I didn't know about "fronts" yet). For instance, the evil priest staying in the Keep is a "threat", who is brought into play via "soft moves", and then can come crashing down as a type of "hard move".

I would approach the hermit in the wilderness in a similar fashion.

Remove ads