• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Ancient Paths - Path II

kirinke

First Post
ooc:
[sblock]So I take it, Sabriel doesn't have her sword or armour right?[/sblock]

IC:
Sabriel hefts the more ornate blade, testing it for balance, weight and speed. Not to mention to see if it's just a fancy work blade that won't cut butter.

hippocrachus

First Post
~ Sabriel ~

The sword is definitely a masterwork blade. It has spent who knows how long in a damp cave without showing any signs of rust and the edge is sharp enough to split hairs. Not surprisingly, it looks to be dwarven-made, with a practical hilt and crossguard, and plain runes etched into the steel; probably the mastersmith's signature.

[sblock=OOC]Sabriel is fully armed and armored; almost as if she got up in her sleep, gathered her things, and walked to her current location ;) [/sblock]

Dhes

Explorer
”Master Dowkan, you need to compose yourself. No one is blaming you for lady Sabriel’s dispersants. We will move when master Nae’talis has his spells prepared.” Looking over to the wizard, ”How long will you require?”
Moving his sword out of the way, Hrolf kneels on the ground and starts his morning meditation.

Legildur

First Post
Dowkan grumbles something unintelligible under his beard stomps out of the room to wait for the precious spellcasters to get on with it. Sitting down, he takes out his whetstone and starts to further hone the fine blade of the waraxe as he continues to mutter under his breath.

Majin

First Post
"About an hour or so..." the wizard explains simply, not looking at the priest, his attention locked on his spellbook as his eyes scan down the pages.

After finishing his preparations he gets up and casts a spell on himself before exiting the chamber.

[sblock] Casting Mage Armor on self.

~

Current buffs:

Mage Armor

~

Spells Remaining:

Level 0 (4 + 1)

Detect Magic **
Prestidigitation *
Ray of Frost **

Level 1 (2 + 1 + 1 + *)

Color Spray *
Mage Armor
Magic Missle **
Sleep *

Level 2 (1 + 1 + 1)

Aganazzar's Scorcher *
Melf's Acid Arrow *
Scorching Ray * [/sblock]

hippocrachus

First Post
~ The Adventurers ~

Dowkan sits, guarding Hrolf's meditation and Nae'talis' studying for what seems like much longer than an hour. At least it's an uneventful hour; or maybe that isn't so great...

Legildur

First Post
As the specllcasters emerge from their study, Dowkan says nothing and simply stands and starts in the direction of the tunnel that they have not yet explored, without waiting for the others.

kirinke

First Post
Sabriel sighs, knowing that she has procrastinated long enough, and places her own sword on the rack and whispers a soft sing-song chant. "Hark my words and mark this wall by the opening near, so my friends can see that I was here."

ooc:
[sblock] Casting prestidigitation to discolor a part of the wall nearest to the opening to resemble several musical notes and an arrow pointing to the passageway she has chosen to explore. It shouldn't take a genius to figure out that musical notes equal bard and the arrow means she went thataway. :] And she is taking the dwarf blade, considering that it is probably of better make than hers. :lol: [/sblock]

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
Nae'talis finishes up with his spells and stands, packing up his things to get moving again. With an unreadable expression on his face he fixes the priest in his glance as he adjusts his scarf, tossing both ends over his shoulders, then without a word turns to follow after the dwarf.

Dhes

Explorer
Strapping his shield back to his back and taking up his sword. Hrolf turns to Dowkan, ”Please lead on, non of use could master your instinct for the subterranean. “
[sblock]Sorry guys, it didn’t comput with me that everyone was waiting on me.. :uhoh: [/sblock]

Remove ads