• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Antigrol Tide (IC)

unleashed

First Post
Once Colmarr checks that it’s the same body they saw earlier, he says, “I’m sorry ma’am, I should have warned you he wouldn’t look like you remembered him. As for the foot, Magyar’s right, the fellow running the morgue said the fire probably caused the disfigurement you can see. I know I wasn’t sure myself it was the captain, due to the damage caused by the fire, but Malachi took his time checking and believes it is,” he adds, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
<I'll have to check back with Regan, later>

Malachi smiles tiredly as he finishes healing. "I hope everyone feels better, we may need everyone as healthy as we can get," He gives a wink to Fey, and goes to see if he can do anything for a quick meal or drink--bread, clean water, jerky, some dried fruits if lucky.

Drowned Hero

First Post
Troth Half-elf Barbarian/fighter

Troth feeling much better wakls up and down the deck keeping a watch for any trouble and helping Colmarr in sailing the ship.

Mallak

First Post
Malachi said:
[He] goes to see if he can do anything for a quick meal or drink--bread, clean water, jerky, some dried fruits if lucky.
Someone, at some point, had the foresight to complete the sale of the cargo and arrange for the reprovisioning of the ship. The larder seems well stocked, and the ship is ready for an extended journey. Once sated, Malachi needs rest to prepare his energies for the upcoming battle to which he is called.

Up on deck, Mistress Wendette weeps in the company of Colmarr and Magyar, refusing to believe in Ben's death but unable to see any other possibility.

Under the steady hand of her crew, the
Pander Ban moves out of Tortila harbor, through the mouth where a protected harbor chain should be raised, and out into the open ocean. Through some act of fate or a benevolent ocean deity, the tide and winds are with them, and they quickly distance themselves from the port and turn north.

[sblock=OOC]Everyone gain a level, full hit points, and spells. You have until the morning to rest, talk to the crew or new people, or take care of any other business you might have. Remember you've got an old mine tied up in the hold and a dead body on deck.[/sblock]

Grondar

What now and where to?
Ask the thug.
We have an old man to question, not to speak of the villains that killed the Captain that we must catch.

While resting he smokes some of his tobacco and inspects the elven bard musical instrument he took from the female bard.

Ooc – what Grondar knows about the surroundings? Any harbors? small hamlets? Any hidden Coves around?
Grondar level updated

Last edited:

Mallak

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Grondar knows of a small estuary not too far to the north that heads inland. Along that river would be an ideal spot to set up a base, and judging by what he's heard, that's probably where the slavers have their compound. The river would give the slavers access to the ocean, and it's far enough north to avoid harbor taxes. No telling how far inland it is, though. Probably as close to the ocean as they can get without someone considering them a "coastal trading post". As far as other points of civilization, there are many homes tucked into the hills, but pirates are still a problem along the coast. The only towns are large and fortified; there's nothing between Antigrol and Tortila.[/sblock]
Grondar turns the bard's instrument over and over in his hands. It looks kind of like a lute, but he doesn't know much about musical instruments. It could be valuable, though.

The new passengers are settled in below decks and the fire-scarred body prepared for burial. Colmarr notices that Naomi is not on deck or below, but there's not many places she could go on the ship.

unleashed

First Post
“I’m not sure yet, but make sure you don’t damage that instrument Grondar, I’ll take a look at it later, but I need to find Lissa first.”

Remembering Naomi went below earlier with Magyar, Colmarr begins the search for her below decks, starting with their cabin, followed by the captain’s, to see if anything is missing, before he continues on to those places he know only a child or he could likely hide.

Last edited:

Mallak

First Post
Colmarr's search doesn't take him long. He finds Naomi lying on the deck in the captain's cabin next to the chest, the side of her face pressed against the wooden planks. She looks up when Colmarr enters. "Oh, hello, oni."

unleashed

First Post
Mallak said:
Colmarr's search doesn't take him long. He finds Naomi lying on the deck in the captain's cabin next to the chest, the side of her face pressed against the wooden planks. She looks up when Colmarr enters. "Oh, hello, oni."
As he spots Naomi on the deck, he silently curses their ill luck at being forced to leave the city before he could search for information on the disk which is hopefully still hidden in the chest.

“Hello, onia,” Colmarr replies with a chuckle as he opens the secret compartment in the chest, as Magyar showed him, to check that the box with the flat black disk is still there, “What are you doing lying on the deck?”

Addressing his companions, Grondar say
I know there is a small estuary not too far to the north that heads inland. I think that along that river it would be an ideal spot for the pirates to set up a base, it would give the slavers access to the ocean. Not sure how far it is into the land but instinct is telling me we should harbor somewhere and travel by foot.

Remove ads