• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Bad Batch - SPOILERS

pukunui

Legend
That first episode was longer than I was expecting. I wonder if they will all be that length, or if that was a special double-length episode or something.

The kids' voices sounded too old for their body sizes. Both sounded like they should have been older teens, not twelve year-olds.

Also, I thought it was odd that Michelle Ang, who is a Kiwi, was putting on such a strong Aussie accent ... but then Temuera Morrison is a Kiwi, but Dee Bradley Baker, who is American, puts on an Aussie accent for the animated clones. Maybe Michelle was just trying to blend in with Dee's accent.

Also, I thought it was odd that Michelle Ang, who is a Kiwi, was putting on such a strong Aussie accent ... but then Temuera Morrison is a Kiwi, but Dee Bradley Baker, who is American, puts on an Aussie accent for the animated clones. Maybe Michelle was just trying to blend in with Dee's accent.
VO actors are generally expected to play multiple parts, and therefore have a bunch of "off-the-shelf" accents they use. You wouldn't normally expect them to use their own accent.

MarkB

Legend
Episode 2 is down to 30 minutes. Hard to say if that will be the "normal" length going forward, given that The Mandalorian's run-times were all over the place.

Talking of which, we have a nice tie-in with The Mandalorian in this episode, with the introduction of chain codes. That aside, a bit of a filler episode, mostly just establishing that (a) they're on the run, (b) the Empire is wasting no time in cracking down across the galaxy with increased security and bureaucracy, and (c) Omega is sticking with the squad despite other options.

Last edited:

The thing I noticed about episode 2 was there where a couple of occasions where Omega could have displayed force powers, if she had any...

What's in the locket?

Also, quite a few "who?" characters in this episode if you haven't seen The Clone Wars.

hopeless

Adventurer
Could easily have no force powers despite the chat she has in the first episode and her efforts to remain with the Bad Batch seem very unusual unless she's following orders to do so?
Given she knew about the inhibitor chip you would have thought she'd warn the Jedi on Kamino given half the chance unless she didn't learn about it until after Order 66 was activated and she was left wondering what was going on with the other clones?
That might explain why she's sticking with the Bad Batch if she's genuinely worried she won't be safe with Cut and his family?
After all if the Bad Batch knew about Cut wouldn't that mean Crosshair knows about him too?

MarkB

Legend
Could easily have no force powers despite the chat she has in the first episode and her efforts to remain with the Bad Batch seem very unusual unless she's following orders to do so?
It seemed like an emotional rather than a tactical decision. She was ready to go with the other family until the last minute.
Given she knew about the inhibitor chip you would have thought she'd warn the Jedi on Kamino given half the chance unless she didn't learn about it until after Order 66 was activated and she was left wondering what was going on with the other clones?
Just because she knew about the chip, that doesn't necessarily mean she knew about Order 66. And also, what are the Jedi to her? She doesn't know any of them personally.

hopeless

Adventurer
And her reaction to the Bad Batch was remarkable.
The question is was that her first chance to meet them or as it was set after Order 66 she noticed immediately they wasn't effected by the event?

Observation: Omega's eye colour is lightish brown, similar to the other clones. This seems to rule out my initial idea that she could be a clone of Satine, who has blue eyes. Her hair is very similar, but that's not a good genetic indicator as eye colour. Palpatine has grey eyes when they are not yellow. Anakin Skywalker has blue eyes. Obi-Wan has blue-grey eyes. Qui-Gon has blue eyes. Count Dooku does have a compatible eye colour though.

hopeless

Adventurer
Depends who they had access to as genetic donors although.
I wonder all it would take is a human jedi getting medical treatment and they could have got what they needed as a sample to investigate force potential?
But as they say the Force will find a way...

Remove ads