• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Bad Batch - SPOILERS

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
Is eye colour 100% hereditary? My brothers don't have the same coloured eyes as me.
Not sure if you are serious or sarcastic.
Of course it is hereditary. It's a recessive gene. It can skip one generation. You have to look at maternal and paternal grand parents.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Not sure if you are serious or sarcastic.
Of course it is hereditary. It's a recessive gene. I can skip one generation. You have to look at maternal and paternal grand parents.
The sarcasm isn't necessary.

So, if my brother's eyes are a different colour to mine, does my clone's eyes have to be the same colour to mine?

I admire your ability to skip generations!

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing

So, if my brother's eyes are a different colour to mine, does my clone's eyes have to be the same colour to mine?

LOL !!! I slip slide my way back and forth generations during the weekends when I don't have to work.

A clone would have the same eye colour, unless someone introduced a variation in the genetic code.

Stalker0

Legend
A clone would have the same eye colour, unless someone introduced a variation in the genetic code.
Not necessarily.

So as we have learned more about genetics in the last 10 years, more and more we are learning that its not just the "blueprint" that makes the body. The expression of genes is very important, and environment can change those genetic expressions. Aka genetics = traits isn't as cut and dry as we used to think.

So would a clone have the same color, the vast majority of the time yes. But there could be environment factors that might change the shade or tone, xyz. Unlikely to turn brown to blue, but perhaps dark brown to light, etc.

Are you identical triplets? If yes, you will have the same eye colour. Otherwise, there is no reason to expect your siblings to have the same eye colour.

A clone will have the same eye colour*, unless it is deliberately altered. Which would be less straightforward than altering the gender.

*As @Stalker0 points out, within minor variations caused by environmental factors.

MarkB

Legend
Some interesting stuff in episode 3, but all of it back on Kamino. The supposed "A" plot with the Bad Batch was rather plodding and uninspired.

I'm starting to feel sorry for Crosshair. He's set up as the villain, but has little say in his own actions.

The Kaminoans seem to have a lot riding on whatever their new-and-improved-clones scheme is, which presumably involves Omega, but she continues to display no particular talents aside from standard Star Wars protagonist-kid precociousness.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads