• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Battlemind is out on the CB

Obryn

Hero
Please, tell me of a defender with ranged options other than ranged basic attacks with javelins or throwing axes...
Swordmage, but only out to about 25' or so. Wardens have a few short-range tricks, too.

Paladins have some decent ranged options, too, but they're mostly Dailies - and mostly Implement powers.

But yeah, I'm confused as to why anyone would be surprised at a lack of ranged options for a Defender. :)

-O

Hellzon

First Post
But yeah, I'm confused as to why anyone would be surprised at a lack of ranged options for a Defender. :)

I'm not the professor, but the Paladin and Swordmage can defend even when their mark isn't next to them (Divine Challenge/Swordmage Aegis still work at range). Meanwhile, the Fighter can punish an enemy for moving away (Combat Challenge triggers on a shift, and of course they get a normal OA on regular movement). The Battlemind gets neither of these perks.

(Note: I'm not familiar enough with the Warden to talk about it.)

Remove ads