• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Best & Worst of 3rd Edition: SINGLE BEST Product of 3rd edition (poll closed)

Choose the single one you like best

• Draconomicon (WotC)

Votes: 46 6.2%
  • Eberron Campaign Setting (WotC)

Votes: 124 16.8%
  • Magic Item Compendium (WotC)

Votes: 37 5.0%
  • Player's Handbook II (WotC)

Votes: 81 11.0%
  • Spell Compendium (WotC)

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Unearthed Arcana (WotC)

Votes: 81 11.0%
  • Complete Book of Eldritch Might (MP)

Votes: 13 1.8%
  • A Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe (XRP)

Votes: 35 4.7%
  • Midnight (FF)

Votes: 31 4.2%
  • Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords (Pz)

Votes: 83 11.3%
  • Ptolus (MP)

Votes: 104 14.1%
  • Tome of Horrors I (rev.) (NG)

Votes: 38 5.2%
  • I want ZAZ, and they ain’t got it.

Votes: 19 2.6%

• Poll closed .

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

A great list of books but I had to go with Ptolus because it's just so awesome. The Spell Compendium and Magic Item Compendium are very useful though and I'm also a big fan of the Complete Book of Eldritch Might and Pathfinder.

Cheers

Richard

punkorange

First Post
For me it wasn't much of a choice. I think Ptolus is amazing, and as a DM I find myself bragging about it to people who don't even really game. It's more than just a campaign setting.

hewligan

First Post
I went Pathfinder - it is the product that got me back into gaming after 12 years out!

Midnight was a close second for me. I love it, but it is too dark to easily find a group willing to play.

carmachu

Adventurer
TerraDave said:
And it looks like someone linked to the Paizo boards..but I am not really worried about it, we seem to be getting votes from all over.

Huh? Wasnt there some sort of hissy fit from some posters that it was even mentioned on Monte's board, but now that its coming from the piazo board its ok?

carmachu

Adventurer
Mr. Wilson said:
I'll have to look into Ptolus, but the price was a major turnoff.

Thats how I voted. I have pathfinder and its good.

But Ptolus is worth every penny, and even more. One of its incredible strengths is its corss indexed to hell....they mention a place or person and its in teh sidebar of what page its on....

Thats one of its many strengths....

Mr Baron

First Post
Pathfinder

There are a lot of great products on the list. I went with Pathfinder, but Ptolus & ToH are both excellent products and close runners up.

SSquirrel

Explorer
Charles Ryan has the right of it. For me, the choice was between Arcana Evolved and Ptolus, but only Ptolus was on the list ;) Unearthed Arcana was a very good book w/lots of interesting tweaks, but Ptolus is insanely complete. I, like other in this thread, have shown Ptolus off to just about everyone. A cousin of mine has never gamed in her life but loves books and she was pretty wowed by the book. I also liked Eberron, but I always liked the articles talking about the ramifications of magic on society and how things would be different. I just wish my setting had won instead of Keith's ;)

It's the internet, it isn't like Monte's boards, Paizo's boards and ENWorld are all in different galaxies, people belong to all 3 and of course you will see people post a thread they're interested in supporting. This isn't hard science or the Presidential elections tho, so its not worth getting bent out of shape over :) FWIW, Ptolus is siting at 215 for a very solid 3rd place right now.

Remove ads