The big announcement: 4dventure

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
You know, one possible benefit is that maybe, just maybe, the 3e books will all be sold as PDFs and at the same ridiculously cheap prices as the other old edition books. I could get behind that. ;)

Remathilis

Legend
The Grumpy Celt said:
So....

4E is announced, or technically will be announced soon. But when will it actually be published and released? I'm guessing spring of '08.

Summer. It gives them a bit more time for nostalgia items, world-ending modules, etc. Then, here come the Drums!

Xyxox

Hero
Wow, I posted a link to the 4E stuff on the WotC boards and the mods deleted it.

Oh well, only ENWorlders are privy, now.

TwinBahamut

First Post
Thanks to this thread, I already posted in the 4E Hallalujah thread and the 4E Eberron thread. Thanks for the advance notice.

Bring on 4E! I am ready and waiting! More Keith Baker in Eberron!

I am getting pretty excited, even though I am certain that they are going to announce the game for a fall '08 release.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
freyar said:
You know, one possible benefit is that maybe, just maybe, the 3e books will all be sold as PDFs and at the same ridiculously cheap prices as the other old edition books. I could get behind that. ;)

Oh wow, I hadn't even thought of that. That would be nice.

Talath

Explorer
The time of 3rd edition is now over! Let the 4th age of the 4th edition begin!

It is time for a new Eric Noah! Now we can sacrifice the old Eric Noah so that our crops will grow and our women will be fertile!

Thurbane

First Post
Disappointing news.

I guess I'll do what I did last time - I went from 2E to 3.5, skipping 3E altogether. I'll save my $$$ until "4E Revised" hits the shelves.

Coupled with the axing of Dragon and Dungeon makes, this has firmed my resolve to stick with the books I've already got, use free online resources and buy 3rd party products for all my D&D needs for the forseeable future.

...one thing I will say is I sure hope the transition from 3.5 to 4E is a lot smoother and more integrated than the jump from 2 to 3E. IMHO, the 3.5 system is prefectly workable as it is, and any future edition upgrades can only be for the purposes of grabbing some dollars.

:(

Inferno!

Explorer
Yup, it appears they've locked down the forums. I hit refresh and now I don't have access priviledges

I guess us finding out counts as a big oops on WoTC's part.

Remove ads