The big announcement: 4dventure

EricNoah

Adventurer
Well I meant plugged in to the community, not just general online access. How many folks have spent the past several hours dinking around on EN World and on WotC's forums? In the grand scheme of D&D fandom, not a lot.

Friadoc

Explorer
Xyxox said:
I guess us non-GenCon-goers got the consolation prize this year, eh?

Maybe, but I so would have rather been there. Of course, I would have snagged a laptop with WiFi and been on-line, anyhow.

But, that said, with the exception of the 3e announcement (I ran a playtester group for it), this is the second most depressing "I couldn't go to Gencon" moment for me.

Not only because of the 4e stuff and potential spiff/promo material, but moreso because Castle Shadowcrag might get an Ennie and, as a patron, I would have love to been there to see it.

One day I will get to Gencon, this I SWEAR!

*grins*

Friadoc

Explorer
EricNoah said:
Well I meant plugged in to the community, not just general online access. How many folks have spent the past several hours dinking around on EN World and on WotC's forums? In the grand scheme of D&D fandom, not a lot.

True, since the layoff I've been a net junkie, blogs, forums, and what not.

Heck, right after the layoff I was a real pain in the butt on the local news blogs about it all.

But, alas, I'm more subdued now, at least about being laid off from my work.

Talath

Explorer
Congratulations gentlemen: we've outlived yet another edition of D&D.

The third edition dream was a good dream while it lasted. We were gods among men; but somehow, someway, we knew it would end someday.

And now, the inevitable looms on the horizon.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
2754629719921ddb.jpg

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
The Grumpy Celt said:
So....

4E is announced, or technically will be announced soon. But when will it actually be published and released? I'm guessing spring of '08.

You mean May, right after the nearly empty 1st quarter publication schedule? Not a bad guess, and it's a 9 month lead-in.

Baron Opal

First Post
Oh, I'm sure it will be released Gencon of '08. that gives them a full year of hype and ironing out the last of the problems.

I was hoping for TimeCube RPG, but I guess will have to be stuck gaming in lateral time.

*sigh*

Remove ads