The big announcement: 4dventure

Friadoc

Explorer
EricNoah said:
Ooh, the secrecy, the drama... anyone else getting all tingly?

I gotta admit, I'm anxious, but I'm a gamer geek for life, been so since 1980, when I was 6.

I own games that I've never even played, just because I liked them and they looked awesome, (Blue Planet 2.0 and GURPS 4th Edition).

Plus games I loved, but only play occassionally (Alternity, especially Dark*Matter).

Hjorimir

Adventurer
Talath said:
I for one welcome our new 4th edition overlords.
You know, I've seen that quote modified a million times, but this is the first time I laughed out loud. Don't ask me why, but it just really strikes me as funny.

Granted, I'm excited and optimistic about a new edition of the game.

EricNoah said:
My goal is to stick with 3e and yet avoid becoming a bitter grognard. Possible? We'll find out...

Aw, Eric, I'm disappointed. From Mr. "Everything Newsworthy About This New-Fangled 3rd Edition," I'd expect more of a "I'll wait and see what it looks like" and less of a "Do not want!"

;)

I got to have a quick sneak peek before they locked the forum. Looks like they're sticking with their core 3 rulebooks. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Really, the fact that 4 was so prominent on the main page did suggest pretty heavily that 4E was the big announcement. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though.

I wonder who slipped up and opened access to the forum early?

Olaf the Stout

Nyarlathotep

Explorer
Vocenoctum said:
If you noticed the top line, it was a WizO admin forum. No one was supposed to see it yet, when I'd assume they'll move it to the main forums.

I love that when the screenshot was posted there were 16 viewing. When I went in it was 160, and a lot of those names are recognizable.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Xyxox said:
In the 4E - What we know thread that MerricB started, there will be no OGL for 4E.

Prepared for D&D to be forked.

Wrong.

You don't even know if 4e is fundamentally incompatible.

D&D has forked dozens of times before, and survived, anyway.

Remove ads