• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The big announcement: 4dventure

Friadoc

Explorer
EricNoah said:
Ooh, the secrecy, the drama... anyone else getting all tingly?

I gotta admit, I'm anxious, but I'm a gamer geek for life, been so since 1980, when I was 6.

I own games that I've never even played, just because I liked them and they looked awesome, (Blue Planet 2.0 and GURPS 4th Edition).

Plus games I loved, but only play occassionally (Alternity, especially Dark*Matter).

Hjorimir

Adventurer
Talath said:
I for one welcome our new 4th edition overlords.
You know, I've seen that quote modified a million times, but this is the first time I laughed out loud. Don't ask me why, but it just really strikes me as funny.

Granted, I'm excited and optimistic about a new edition of the game.

EricNoah said:
My goal is to stick with 3e and yet avoid becoming a bitter grognard. Possible? We'll find out...

Aw, Eric, I'm disappointed. From Mr. "Everything Newsworthy About This New-Fangled 3rd Edition," I'd expect more of a "I'll wait and see what it looks like" and less of a "Do not want!"

;)

I got to have a quick sneak peek before they locked the forum. Looks like they're sticking with their core 3 rulebooks. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Really, the fact that 4 was so prominent on the main page did suggest pretty heavily that 4E was the big announcement. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though.

I wonder who slipped up and opened access to the forum early?

Olaf the Stout

Nyarlathotep

Explorer
Vocenoctum said:
If you noticed the top line, it was a WizO admin forum. No one was supposed to see it yet, when I'd assume they'll move it to the main forums.

I love that when the screenshot was posted there were 16 viewing. When I went in it was 160, and a lot of those names are recognizable.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Xyxox said:
In the 4E - What we know thread that MerricB started, there will be no OGL for 4E.

Prepared for D&D to be forked.

Wrong.

You don't even know if 4e is fundamentally incompatible.

D&D has forked dozens of times before, and survived, anyway.

Remove ads