The big announcement: 4dventure

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
takasi said:
And despite having several campaigns (or perhaps because of it), we'll have a mix of 3.5 and 4E games. War of the Burning Sky is going on month 6 and we only finished the second module, we're 3/4 through Savage Tide, 1/2 through Shackled City, going through Mysteries of the Moonsea and Expedition to the Demonweb Pits and I'm also running the old Dungeon FR Mere of Dead Men series (converting them on the fly).
Man, I seriously have to move somewhere with more population density.

Ycore Rixle

First Post
Talath said:
A big part of 3e for me was following Eric Noahs site and keeping up on the leaks and designer tidbits about 3rd edition: from confirmation on rules content and whatnot, to reasonings why rules were designed a certain way, to how playtesters shaped the rules as they are.

I look forward to feeling excited for a game again in the same way I was excited about 3e. Here is hoping 4e isn't lame.

Me too. But the thing is, I didn't like 2nd edition. I like 3rd edition a lot. So I'm not sure if I can get that excited again. But I hope so.

I share your hopes of non-lameness for 4e. In fact, I hope it's really great.

My biggest concern is whether it's more like the 1st-to-2nd jump or the 2nd-to-3rd jump. If it's the former, that's great, because I can just continue to use my 3rd edition resources easily with 4e rules. I mean, 1-to-2 was not that big a jump. But 2-to-3, well, after that, I couldn't easily use my 1st- or 2nd-edition resources. And if 4 is so different from 3 that I can't use my 3rd-edition resources, that's going to be tough to take unless 4e really kicks serious butt. Which it might. Here's hoping!

Sketchpad

Explorer
You know ... thinking about this ... why was the forum open for others to see? Was it a mistake? Call me "In Denial", but I'm almost wondering if this stuff wasn't on purpose. Could it be possible that 4dventure actually isn't 4e? But rather a marketing plan to catch people's attention? It's not the first time someone's said something big and then pulled the "Now that we have your attention" card.
I do know that if this is indeed 4e, there's a pretty big chance that I won't be joining in. I have way too much money invested in 3.5/d20Modern/etc to go forward with another money pit. Be honest with ya, I'll probably just move over to True 20/M&M or Hero. Count me as one that thinks it's a bad move ...

Hjorimir

Adventurer
EricNoah said:
Who knows ... if they blow me away with the character generator, and if the editions are not so far apart and conversion of adventure material is relatively easy ... I certainly can't say "never."
...and thus your fall into the D4rk Side begins!

Muahahahaha...

ssampier

First Post
4dv3ntur3 All your vowels are belong to us.

I am having such complex emotions over this. I think I need a gamer-shrink. ~Sits in his apartment in the fetal position muttering, "There is no 4e. There is no 4e."~*

*I've noticed this thread has more Eric Noah sightings than normal; cool.

Baron Opal

First Post
MoogleEmpMog said:
If the improvement brings it even close to on par with the best Green Ronin d20 systems and Star Wars Saga, it will be worthy of that appellation. If it goes much further, it will be as significant an upgrade as from 2e to 3e.

Yeah, I really like the smoothness of SWSE. I can see some problems with a direct translation, but I assume that the R&D folks have figured ways around it.

Remove ads