The big announcement: 4dventure

takasi

First Post
Dr. Awkward said:
Man, I seriously have to move somewhere with more population density.

Check out my sig for a link to our Meetup.com site. You can find others to game with from there.

But with an online tabletop like MapTool, you really don't need to move anywhere. The problem is finding other gamers, and if WotC can promote D&D like an MMO, but as a tabletop game like MapTool, I think they would be doing a good thing.

I must say, despite their technical difficulties sometimes, for years WotC has provided more online material for their games than any other game company, period. If they put that much dedication to helping gamers find each other I'm all for that.

Abisashi

First Post
Sketchpad said:
You know ... thinking about this ... why was the forum open for others to see? Was it a mistake? Call me "In Denial", but I'm almost wondering if this stuff wasn't on purpose. Could it be possible that 4dventure actually isn't 4e? But rather a marketing plan to catch people's attention? It's not the first time someone's said something big and then pulled the "Now that we have your attention" card.
I do know that if this is indeed 4e, there's a pretty big chance that I won't be joining in. I have way too much money invested in 3.5/d20Modern/etc to go forward with another money pit. Be honest with ya, I'll probably just move over to True 20/M&M or Hero. Count me as one that thinks it's a bad move ...

According to Mark Rosewater (head of Magic design), posting rumors, even fake ones, will get you fired from Wizards. I'd say this qualifies. It would be too big of a hit to their trustworthiness. (sp?)

catsclaw227

First Post
I really hope my Gamemaster modules and Pathfinder campaign will be compatible. I am already starting AoW (only 1 game session into Whispering Cairn), and I want to be able to use these adventures with the new system.

Hjorimir

Adventurer
Damnit! How am I supposed to work on my campaign (game tomorrow night) while I'm crusing message boards for information that I already know won't be there?

bowbe

First Post
To my fellow 3.5_4lyfe gamerz ... Welcome to Grognard status ;). Time to start growing your beards! Time to start sentences with "Well Back in 3.5 edition we..."

Now everyone knows what the oD&D, 2ed, 3.0 ed folks felt like.

Case

An Implausible P.S.

Maybe the core books will come in a textspeak version that you can download to your mobile phone, provided your phone provider is the "official mobile phone provider of 4ed"

4rmr, HPtz,

Monsters are not killed they 0wnd.

Kobolds and goblins will be referred to as "campers" for their sedintary ambush tactics.

Condition rules will be replaced with smileys and so on.

Hjorimir

Adventurer
WayneLigon said:
I guess it cooouuuld be about something to do with the Digital Initiative, but the '4' thing seems just too big to be a fake-out.
We already know it is 4E being announced, WL. Somebody got into the Gleemax forum before they locked it and the moderators created a slew of 4E threads and posted that it was announced.

I imangine those threads will be unlocked tomorrow at the appropriate time...which is less than 19 hours from now according to the timer.

KingCrab

First Post
Kanegrundar said:
I hope it's 4E as well. If for nothing else than to get all the "the %)(#*%)%$(# sky is falling threads out of the way.

Nah. The 5ed "sky is falling" threads will just have to start instead.

Remove ads