The Boys Season 3 Official Teaser Trailer

Poor Hughie. His last shot was something.

Soldier Boy has been modified by the Russians. Wounds on supers appear permanent, or slow healing. Mask sense if the Russias wanted a weapon to kill Homelander. This is so Winter Soldier but with a hamsters!

Also, does anyone else love the in-universe descriptions for the episodes?

Wow, talk about moodwhiplash

I only had one gripe with episode 4 (which may turn out to be a clue - hopefully)
The USSR steals the most powerful American weapon and they keep the Supe protected above ground, with less than a dozen soldiers and a no-good for nothing alarm system? Seriously? Especially when this show touches on everything else with so much thought and care.

I'm thinking there has to be twist down the line somewhere that explains this...
Is Vaught behind the release of Soldier Boy? Was Vaught behind the capture of Soldier Boy? Did Russia want Soldier Boy released? Something else...

Mezuka

Hero
I only had one gripe with episode 4 (which may turn out to be a clue - hopefully)
The USSR steals the most powerful American weapon and they keep the Supe protected above ground, with less than a dozen soldiers and a no-good for nothing alarm system? Seriously? Especially when this show touches on everything else with so much thought and care.

I'm thinking there has to be twist down the line somewhere that explains this...
Is Vaught behind the release of Soldier Boy? Was Vaught behind the capture of Soldier Boy? Did Russia want Soldier Boy released? Something else...
With Kripke I can never tell what the plan is... which is excellent. Wait and see.

I wouldn't be surprised if Edgar was involved and it's one of his failsafes.

But you have to remember - the safeguards in place would have been enough to stop the Boys. If they didn't have three superpowered individuals, they would be all dead (and even Kimiko alone wouldn't have been able to save the rest, the way things went - even before they freed Soldierboy.)
And if they were intending to protect themselves from superpowered attackers, their only hope the Russians would have had been Soldierboy working for them. But apparently while they could subdue him, they couldn't actually turn him to their side. So they put them in freezer.

Ryujin

Legend
I wouldn't be surprised if Edgar was involved and it's one of his failsafes.

But you have to remember - the safeguards in place would have been enough to stop the Boys. If they didn't have three superpowered individuals, they would be all dead (and even Kimiko alone wouldn't have been able to save the rest, the way things went - even before they freed Soldierboy.)
And if they were intending to protect themselves from superpowered attackers, their only hope the Russians would have had been Soldierboy working for them. But apparently while they could subdue him, they couldn't actually turn him to their side. So they put them in freezer.
It makes me wonder if Edgar isn't behind Queen Maeve's acquisition of Temp-V.

Stalker0

Legend
Yeah I'm definately hoping Edgar has something more in the tank. I mean, he's protection from Homelander up to this point has literally been working his "daddy issues", and no one sane is going to think that's enough of a safeguard against a person who could literally destroy the world in a tantrum.

I think it 100% makes sense that Edgar (or Vaught) worked with the Russians on a supe fail safe... because for all they knew, as they kept experimenting with V maybe they would have created a supe even stronger than Homelander, but without the mental issues to help keep him in control. The only reasonable way to contain the risk is to have an anti-supe weapon somewhere.

It is the product of the future for him - superize trained and loyal soldier that need a daily dose to stay super, instead of kids that get superpowers for life but you have no idea how they'll turn out (or how to turn off). A little proof of concept...

Ryujin

Legend
It is the product of the future for him - superize trained and loyal soldier that need a daily dose to stay super, instead of kids that get superpowers for life but you have no idea how they'll turn out (or how to turn off). A little proof of concept...
That's the spoken plan, but I'm talking about how The Boys manage to get hold of it, through Maeve, specifically. Surely he'd keep close tabs on the amount of his new serum and notice any going missing?

That's the spoken plan, but I'm talking about how The Boys manage to get hold of it, through Maeve, specifically. Surely he'd keep close tabs on the amount of his new serum and notice any going missing?
Maeve is bound to have build connections in the company herself over the long time she is there. But it's also possible that she is secretly - or unknowningly - working with Edgar here.

Ryujin

Legend
Maeve is bound to have build connections in the company herself over the long time she is there. But it's also possible that she is secretly - or unknowningly - working with Edgar here.
Edgar is a very Machiavellian personality, so I'll go with "unknowingly." He likely knows everything that she and Starlight are up to, and was using it as a failsafe against Homelander.

Remove ads