payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Excellent use of Billy Zane.
It was good.
And now I want a Fresca.
i feel sick flu GIF

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Those who dislike Fresca do not comprehend the deeply soul satisfying nature of Fresca.
My buddies old man was in Vietnam. He said the Vietnamese would grab anything they could from the Americans. Coke, Budweiser, cigs. Nobody would touch the Fresca. He said you could drop a pallet in the middle of a field and it would still be there today.

Dire Bare

Legend
Interesting article on "The Boys" from Nerdist, on how some of the stupidest things in the show are pulled directly from real life . . .

The article focuses on Homelander's appearance on the "Cameron Coleman Hour" and A-Train's "socially concious" drink commercial. I immediately saw the parallels between Homelander's TV appearances and the real world Fox News, but I had forgotten about the very real Pepsi commercial that the show parodies (copies?).

Dire Bare

Legend
And here's another Nerdist article about that last scene with Hughie drunk on his (temporary) power . . .

That was the worst, best, and most difficult scene of episode 4. I hope he can come back from this, the show might get too dark and brutal with Hughie's humanity at it's core.

Ryujin

Legend
Interesting article on "The Boys" from Nerdist, on how some of the stupidest things in the show are pulled directly from real life . . .

The article focuses on Homelander's appearance on the "Cameron Coleman Hour" and A-Train's "socially concious" drink commercial. I immediately saw the parallels between Homelander's TV appearances and the real world Fox News, but I had forgotten about the very real Pepsi commercial that the show parodies (copies?).
I immediately caught the Pepsi commercial reference. That was pop culture gold.

Homelander's speech, on the various interviews, reminded me of a video that made the rounds a couple of years back. It showed a couple of dozen (at least) different TV news organizations, from different networks, saying exactly the same lines about "responsible reporting."

Mezuka

Hero
Poor Hughie. His last shot was something.

Soldier Boy has been modified by the Russians. Wounds on supers appear permanent, or slow healing. Mask sense if the Russias wanted a weapon to kill Homelander. This is so Winter Soldier but with a hamsters!

Remove ads