• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire, suddenly confronted with the largest, ugliest, hairiest rat he has ever seen, barely manages to check his swing when he realizes that it's actually Brudd's backside and not a rat at all.

"The stairs are that way", he growls. "Just can't do anythin' the easy way, can we." He raises his sword again, more carefully this time, and prepares to attack the next rat that approaches.

[sblock=actions, tactics]Quagmire readies an action to do Hammer and Anvil when an enemy makes it to D2 (unless it's G1; then he'll just do viper's strike).

This fight is where we really need a wizard. Ah, well. My second choice would have been to put Alex in total defense at the bottom of the stairs and just rain down ranged attacks from above. But it looks like we've worked ourselves into a decent kill pocket here, too, as long as Alex and Brudd don't get too chewed up. Girth is subject to OAs, though...[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc:Everything's fine, Alexander is at 30/35 hp with 6 healing surges left, a daily that will let him spend one, and after this fight, supposedly another action point. He can fight all day :D That of the stairs was a good idea, but this way will be faster.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Yeah, this combat is fine; we've got this unless the dice completely turn against us. But I think 4e is sufficiently more tactical than 3.5 that we'd better get in the habit of having tactics discussions, either in character or out. See the current KK, for example.

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc:I agree. But, honestly, I'd say we handled combat tactically well enough, even without adopting specific strategies. We are missing a controller and we're reminded when facing many minions, but, on the other hand, we are a very tough party.
The current KK, instead, has turned quite disasterous :D

Halford

First Post
OOC: I am with you guys, though I believe that tactical play is just as valuable in 3.5. But my head still hurts and I want to vicariously squish rats at the moment :D. You never know Brudd might even begin to hit again soon.

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Brudd swings at one of the biggest rats, but misses. He then shifts over to beside the wall of the cabin.

-Girth launches an attack at the nearest large rat (D2) but the rodent manages to shrug off the effects of the dark light.

-Quagmire recoils as Brudd moves past him, but holds his attack until a better target presents itself.

-The swarm of small rats churns its way through the water (to area D2) and attacks Quagmire. Alexander and Hrav each get to swing at them as they move by (with +2 to hit for flanking!) and Quagmire lets loose his readied action before they attack as well. Assuming it's still alive after those hits from you guys, they bite at Quagmire for 4 damage and 3 ongoing damage(save ends).

-The medium sized rats swim forward and bite at various people. None of them manages to hit or do damage though.

-So I need an opportunity attacks (melee basic) from Hrav and Alexander, and Quagmire's Hammer and Anvil attack I assume (which also gives someone else another melee basic attack). Since Hrav and Alexander are next anyway, you can give me their OA's for above as well as their regular attacks to save time.

[sblock=Init and Status]24 Girth: 38/30hp
21 Quagmire: 27/26 hp (Ongoing 3 dmg, save ends)
19 Rat Swarm
17 Giant Rat 1
17 Giant Rat 2: dead
17 Giant Rat 3: dead
17 Giant Rat 4
17 Giant Rat 5: dead
17 Giant Rat 6
17 Giant Rat 7
15 Hrav: 34/26 hp
14 Alexander: 30/35 hp (Ongoing 3 dmg, save ends)
12 Dire Rat 1: dead
12 Dire Rat 2
12 Dire Rat 3
04 Brudd: 26/28 hp

Rat Swarm attack vs. Quagmire AC (1d20+6=23, 1d6+3=4)
G1 vs Hrav AC, G4 and G7 vs. Alex AC, G6 vs. Brudd AC (1d20 6=7, 1d20 6=17, 1d20 6=17, 1d20 6=15)[/sblock]
attachment.php

Attachments

• CC E7 Oh, Rats4.JPG
    CC E7 Oh, Rats4.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 113

Remove ads