• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Chaos Effect updated 10/11/05 Exit the Dungeon + New Players intro

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Tamin leans into his allies, in a hushed tone. "What if we preemptively strike? If we wait for the darkness, they have an advantage already."

DarkMaster

First Post
Randrak eyes quickly glances at the lady. He tries to avoid her as much as he can. He knows himself too well. When it comes to women, or any other life pleasure, He has a hard time controlling himself. And right now is not the time to offend his host.

He quickly turns towards his host and says "Where do I start?"

MadMaxim

First Post
"If we can reach a town before it gets dark, we should be safe... That would be my assesment of the situation." Spike continues while watching the group's back as they leave.

THE CHAOS EFFECT
SEGMENT 073

"I expect the team to return any day now. Within a few days of that I hope to begin towards Xen'drik. In the meantime, here is a bonus 50 gold. Enjoy your time within my father's city. I will contact you when the time is ready."

What to do with 50 gold and about 5 days of down time?

THE CHAOS EFFECT
SEGMENT 074

You continue down the path. The rises and falls over a series of rocky outcrops. A river is nearby that is loud enough to cover something moving within the forest.

Kerrick- "The time is near. This is a perfect place for an attack."

As you turn to ask him more the sound of a bouncing rock can be heard. It was thrown over the last rocky outcrop you passed. A loud grunt can be heard over the water. Then a terrible smell is detected. A strong musk of some sort.

"They are here." says Kerrick.

MARCHING ORDER?
ACTIONS?

Path is single file with thick forest on one side and a steep bank leading to a fast river below is on the other side. The grade of the hillside is about 35%. You are about 50 feet from the top of one outcroping and about 100 feet from the next.

3 hours of light, 2 days of forced march to reach Two Posts.

Bront

The man with the probe
Vander keeps his shield up and grabs his warhammer. "If we can get to the top, we can defend from high ground. A bit open, but quite defensable given the teraign." Baring any other resistance from his companions, he continues up the to the outcropping.

OOC: I think the standard order.
Vander
Kerrick
Clang
Rash
Spike
Tammin

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Tamin agrees, "Yes, that is probably the best place to make a stand." He also moves to the outcropping.

DarkMaster

First Post
Randrak grabs the gold, waves at the men and the lady and says "See you" He then leaves without asking how and who would contact him back.

"I don't really care if they don't contact me back, I would have still made 50gp" he thinks heading towards the nearest place where he could drink and meet women, the fancy lady had, after all, and effect on him.

Cedious

First Post
Clangs thinks for a bit.
"If we want to fight them on our terms why don't we just charge in the direction of the rock, insted of waiting for them to approach. If they can throw rocks that big from that distance why would they need to come any closer?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads