The Charming Warden

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
(Errandir: Jonah moved into H6 already, unless I misunderstood his post. Can you adjust Reis's move?

PS - Thanks, everyone, for being so detailed and specific in your posts, it makes combat so much easier.)

Round 3 Initiative:
Reis [blessed] [16/16 HP] <--
Jamilee [blessed] [2/15 HP]
Tibard [blessed] [11/11 HP]
Wolf 5 [6/13 HP]
Wolf 4 [13/13 HP]
Wolf 3 [13/13 HP]
Christopher [blessed] [maybe prone?] [2/4 HP]
Jonah [blessed] [13/13 HP]
Wolf 1 [prone] [13/13 HP]

Code:
  ABCDEFGHIJKLM

1 XXXXXXXXX ||X
2 XX        ||X
3 X         ||X
4 XX    4   ||X
5 XX    RJ  ||X
6 XX 1 Toj5 ||X
7 XXX    C3 ||X
8 XXXXXX B  ||X

Legend:
* G - Grease
* 1 - Wolf 1, 2, 3, etc
* J - Jamilee (big J)
* R - Reis
* T - Tibard
* j - Jonah (little j)
* B - Blue
* C - Christopher
* o - fire
* X - dense brush (half movement)
* | - road (normal movement)
*   - grass clearing (the blank spaces, normal movement)

Errandir

First Post
[sblock=Modification]Okay, just ignore the five foot step from my last post. Reis will stay in square he started in (G5), and make the attack on wolf 4 instead of 5. Incidentally, I forgot about the +1 to attack from Bless, so that attack roll should have been 15. Not sure if it makes a difference.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Reis springs into action and sinks his rapier, glowing faintly with the blessing of Hyrag, into the body of the wolf north of Jamilee. [sblock=OOC]4 damage to wolf 4[/sblock]

Jamilee goes on the defensive.

Tibard spins about and easily slams his mace into the reclining wolf that Jonah had calmed. Now bearing puncture wounds from the dwarf's mace, it is no longer so calm. [sblock=OOC]5 damage to wolf 1[/sblock]

The wolves begin to again perform their vicious dance. One positions itself between Reis and Tibard, ready to flank with the others. The others move in line, quickly and expertly, dodging any attempts to strike at them as they reposition. Then they strike with the coordination and efficiency of a pack of wolves. The one behind Reis bites hard and tries to bring him down. [sblock=OOC]Wolf 4 moves to F5, readies an action to attack Reis when Wolf 5 moves into position. Wolf 5 moves to H5, triggering Wolf 4's attack. Wolf 4's attack hits AC 22, dealing 5 damage to Reis. Reis must make succeed at a DC 20 Str/Dex check (whichever is higher) to avoid being tripped. Wolf 5 still has an attack.[/sblock]

The wolf that brought down Christopher turns to the greater threats nearby: Blue and Jonah. It goes for Jonah, hoping to drag him to the ground. [sblock=OOC]Wolf 3 attacks Jonah: hits AC 21, dealing 3 damage to Jonah. Jonah must make succeed at a DC 12 Str/Dex check (whichever is higher) to avoid being tripped.[/sblock]

(I need Str/Dex checks from Jonah and Reis, please.)

Code:
[b]Round 3 Initiative:[/b]
[i]Reis[/i]        (blessed) (maybe prone?) [color=yellow][11/16 HP][/color] [color=magenta]<(roll needed)[/color]
[i]Jamilee[/i]     (blessed)                [color=red][2/15 HP][/color]
[i]Tibard[/i]      (blessed)                [color=green][11/11 HP][/color]
[b]Wolf 3[/b]      ()                       [color=green][13/13 HP][/color]
[b]Wolf 4[/b]      ()                       [color=yellow][9/13 HP][/color]
[b]Wolf 5[/b]      ()                       [color=orange][6/13 HP][/color]  <--
[i]Christopher[/i] (blessed) (prone)        [color=orange][2/4 HP][/color] 
[i]Jonah[/i]       (blessed) (maybe prone?) [color=yellow][10/13 HP][/color] [color=magenta]<(roll needed)[/color]
[b]Wolf 1[/b]      (prone)                  [color=yellow][8/13 HP][/color]

Code:
  ABCDEFGHIJKLM

1 XXXXXXXXX ||X
2 XX        ||X
3 X         ||X
4 XX      J ||X
5 XX  T4R5  ||X
6 XX 1  oj  ||X
7 XXX    C3 ||X
8 XXXXXX B  ||X

Legend:
* G - Grease
* 1 - Wolf 1, 2, 3, etc
* J - Jamilee (big J)
* R - Reis
* T - Tibard
* j - Jonah (little j)
* B - Blue
* C - Christopher
* o - fire

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Jonah human male

Jonah knowing the tactics of most four legged beast was ready for it when the wolf sank it's teeth into his leg and pulled. And the farmer almost kept his balance but the wolf was to strong and Jonah end up on his arse on the ground beside Christopher.

[sblock=???] An 11 man so close :p [/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Reis and Jonah both go down.

Reis practically lands on the other wolf flanking him, dazing it and ruining its attack.

Christopher waits to see what his new companion on the ground does.

Jonah...

Then, Christopher...

Code:
[b]Round 3 Initiative:[/b]
[i]Reis[/i]        (blessed)  (prone)       [color=yellow][11/16 HP][/color]
[b]Wolf 3[/b]      ()                       [color=green][13/13 HP][/color]
[b]Wolf 5[/b]      ()                       [color=orange][6/13 HP][/color]
[i]Jonah[/i]       (blessed) (prone)        [color=yellow][10/13 HP][/color] <--
[i]Christopher[/i] (blessed) (prone)        [color=orange][2/4 HP][/color] 

Code:
  ABCDEFGHIJKLM

1 XXXXXXXXX ||X
2 XX        ||X
3 X         ||X
4 XX      J ||X
5 XX  T4R5  ||X
6 XX 1  oj  ||X
7 XXX    C3 ||X
8 XXXXXX B  ||X

Legend:
* G - Grease
* 1 - Wolf 1, 2, 3, etc
* J - Jamilee (big J)
* R - Reis
* T - Tibard
* j - Jonah (little j)
* B - Blue
* C - Christopher
* o - fire

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Jonah human male

[sblock=OOC] What I'm gong to do LOL I'm going to run home crying :eek: No going to try and be a hero. :p [/sblock]

Almost eye level with Christopher, Jonah can see the look in the cat-man's eyes. Like he is waiting for Jonah to do something...

Well if'n he be then I guess I should.

Jonah brings his club up to help shield himself as he starts to stand. "I'll distract it. Get up an run! Go get on outta here!" he says to the bewildered cat-man. Blue misses his attack as he wonders if Jonah is telling the big dog to run or not.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Total defense +4 AC (new total = 18)
Move: Stand from Prone (I'll take it's only AoO for the round so Christopher can get up and run.)
DEX check should it hit with the AoO and try to trip: 1d20+3 = 6 YIKES :confused: [/sblock]

Christopher Greeneyes, Katara Sorcerer 1

Seeing his companions fall to the wolf attacks as well, Christopher freezes unsure what to do. Fortunately, the large human comes to his aid, by raising his weapon to distract the wolf.

Quickly, while the wolf is distracted, Christopher stands up. He steps back a bit bit from the wolf, then looking around at his companions, responds to Jonah's invitation to flee

"Not yet, I'll not leave my companions in danger."

Then with an arcane mutter and a gesture, Christopher cast a spell at the wolf.

[sblock=OOC] I figure that since standing up is only a move equivalent action, and does not actual cause him to move any distance, Christopher can still take a 5 foot step. If so he moves back one space from wolf 3 to G7. He then casts color spray at Wolf 3. Since it is a cone, both Jonah and Blue should not be in the spell's area.

Spell's Left 0th:5/5 1st:1/5

The wolf must make a DC:16 will save to negate.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Jonah stands up from prone and immediately has his feet ripped out from beneath him by the nearest wolf. (hits AC 18(oof!), 2 damage to Jonah, and trip succeeds.) Blue misses.

Then, Christopher stands up and takes a step back. Magical light explodes from his fingers, utterly incapacitating the wolf that just took down Jonah. (Please roll 2d4 to see for how many rounds wolf 3 is unconscious, and then 1d4 for stunned.)

The once dormant wolf steps north and assaults its assaulter, Tibard. The cleric's armor protects him from the wolf's fangs.

Reis...

Jamilee...

And Tibard...

Code:
[b]Round 4 Initiative:[/b]
[i]Reis[/i]        (blessed) (prone)        [color=yellow][11/16 HP][/color] <--
[b]Wolf 3[/b]      (uncon., blind, stunned) [color=green][13/13 HP][/color]
[b]Wolf 5[/b]      ()                       [color=orange][6/13 HP][/color]
[i]Jonah[/i]       (blessed) (prone, again) [color=yellow][8/13 HP][/color]
[i]Blue[/i]        (blessed)                [color=green][13/13 HP][/color]
[i]Christopher[/i] (blessed) (prone)        [color=orange][2/4 HP][/color] [color=magenta](Rolls needed: 2d4 & 1d4)[/color]
---On Round (3+2d4) on this count, Wolf 3 will become conscious but remain stunned---

Code:
  ABCDEFGHIJKLM

1 XXXXXXXXX ||X
2 XX        ||X
3 X         ||X
4 XX      J ||X
5 XX 1T4R5  ||X
6 XX    oj  ||X
7 XXX   C 3 ||X
8 XXXXXX B  ||X

Legend:
* G - Grease
* 1 - Wolf 1, 2, 3, etc
* J - Jamilee (big J)
* R - Reis
* T - Tibard
* j - Jonah (little j)
* B - Blue
* C - Christopher
* o - fire

Remove ads