• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Charming Warden

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
ROUND 2

Jamilee heads east, out of the cloud. (25' move E) She can see the Fiddler, drifting upwards, playing his maddening melody. She grins her crooked grin as she gets him in her sights and lets loose with an arrow. Surprised, the Fiddler does a spin in the air, just in time to dodge the projectile. (16 misses)

Karl, dancing uncontrollably, cannot stop the creeping vines from crawling up his legs and constricting him, pulling him against the ground. Now he jerks violently, the music compelling him to move, the vines forcing him to stay put. (Reflex save failed.)

Reis suffers a similar fate, though his limbs still respond to his own mind. (Reflex save failed.)

Steadfast Tibard again manages to come out on top, trampling the vines. Somehow, his stout legs seem to slow the vines just enough that he can keep above them, with his own little dance. He is unaffected. (Reflex save passed.)

Reis, Christopher, and Tibard... (actions please)

ROUND 2

Code:
[b]Initiative:[/b]
[i]Fiddler     [/i][color=green][2/2   HP][/color] (flying up-east, 45' up, shaken)
[i]Dancer      [/i][color=green][2/2   HP][/color] (flying west, ~120' north (grid coord.: F-1), 200' up)
[i]Third       [/i][color=green][2/2   HP][/color] (flying up, 80' up)
[i]Christopher [/i][color=green][4/4   HP][/color] (cloudblind, weak)
[i]Tibard      [/i][color=green][11/11 HP][/color] (40' up) **YOUR TURN** 
[i]Reis        [/i][color=green][11/16 HP][/color] (blind, 40' up, entangled)
[i]Jamilee     [/i][color=green][9/15  HP][/color]
[i]Karl        [/i][color=green][15/15 HP][/color] (dancing, blind, entangled, 40' up)

Code:
[b]Conditions and Effects[/b]
[url=http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/irresistibleDance.htm]Dancing[/url]: Karl (-4 AC, -10 Reflex Save, no shield AC, ends the day the music dies)
Blind: Karl, Reis (ends on Dancer's count in round 3)
Weak (-4 Dex & Str): Christopher (ends 5 rounds after leaving the cloud)
Cloudblind: Chris, Jamilee (ends upon leaving the cloud)
Cloud: Dissipates on Third's count in round 5
Shaken: Fiddler (-2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks)
[url=http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/entangle.htm]Entangled[/url]: [url=http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#entangled]entangled[/url], DC 20 Str or Escape Artist breaks

Code:
Legend:
* Ja - Jamilee
* K - Karl
* R - Reis
* T - Tibard
* C - Christopher
* D - Dancer
* F - Fiddler
* Th - Third 
* Road/Grass - (normal movement)
* Shadowy Grass - dense brush (half movement)
* Green translucence (atop the tower) - entangle effect (half movement)
* Gray translucence - smoke effect

Attachments

• watchtower.jpg
    watchtower.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 95

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Tibard Mountainbore

OOC: I think we should all go into the tower. None of us have ranged attacks, so we need to do something to force the stupid fairies fly close to use. I think inside the tower is the only place.

Unless someone says not to, Tibard's going to run down the stairs.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: except some of us are dancing blind in a herky jurky twitch as the vines all creep up and entangle .

Errandir

First Post
OOC: Not a bad idea, but as Scott said Reis and Karl are more or less stuck.

I did have Christopher try to move into the tower last round though. Rae, any word on that? It's in the ooc block of my previous post.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
(OOC: Oops, sorry Errandir.)

Chris bats his way through the thick cloud into the relative safety of the tower. Here, he can barely see, as the light from the door is heavily filtered by the blinding cloud, but at least his lungs are clear of the weakening smoke, and he can breathe again. He begins a quick recovery.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Tibard runs down the stairs into the tower. "Everyone, go inside. They'll either leave us alone or come and get us." He stops on the highest floor in the tower below the roof. If he has a standard action left he readies to attack a flyer.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: I have visitors this week, sorry for the silence. Please feel free to bump if ever I don't respond within 24 hours.

Tibard withdraws into the tower, raising his weapon once inside, ready to club any intruders.

Reis...

(I believe Reis gets an escape artist check to try to free himself, if you'd like?)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
(OOC: No dice, 17 fails. Sorry mate.)

Tibard flees inside, while Reis and Karl struggle on the roof.

Round 3

Reis and Karl recover their sight.

The fiddler moves north, putting the tower between himself and Jamilee, but keeping Karl in range of his song.

(Not at a real computer, so I don't have my notes or anything, so forgive me for the mistakes I am surely about to make.)

The dancer fires and pintsized Longbow at Reis's. (I hate to do this, but can somebody roll for me? +6 attack, 1 damage)

The third causes the grass at Jamilee's feet to come alive. (DC 13 reflex save or be entangled.

(You guys go!)

Remove ads