• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Chaser's War on Gary Gygax

MadMaxim

First Post
This is awesome! I'm sure there's no disrespect in that article. They're just showing off their nerdiness. A nice game-related tribute to Gary :)

Darkwolf71

First Post
Wandering Star said:
I cant see anyone taking offense to that.
Really? You don't see anyone taking offense at:
After checking for a pulse, his daughter searched the body for loot, finding 2d6 gems, a potion of healing and a mysterious map.
Anyone like, his daughter?

I'm not saying it isn't funny, I laughed. But as Olaf said, I felt bad for laughing.

kenobi65

First Post
I suspect that this bit:

"We'd also ask D&D fans to refrain from rubbing their dice on Gary's corpse for luck," said Mrs Gygax.

...is a reference to "Knights of the Dinner Table", in which some of the Knights went to Gary Jackson's wake, and did just that.

Hairfoot

First Post
Darkwolf71 said:
I'm not saying it isn't funny, I laughed. But as Olaf said, I felt bad for laughing.
So did I, but for the world outside the RPG community it was only newsworthy for a week, if that, so anyone who wanted to write about Gary's death had to do it straight away.

Gary Gygax had a sense of humour. I hope he would have appreciated a KotDT reference in an article about his passing, especially on a comedy website.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads