The Chronicles of Narcissist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump to seal marriage with Republican base with a gun and ammo dowry. http://gawker.com/trump-announces-his-second-official-position-support-f-1731708691
6129806add2bf2b87d901ae8485756fc.jpg

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I don't know that Carson is racist, per se, but he does hold anti-Muslim views, and is rather find of oddball conspiracy style theories & inflammatory rhetoric. He is also an accomplished surgeon who (unusually) rejects the theory of evolution.

I can tell you there are a LOT of black MDs opining his presidential bid. He's lost a lot of lustre in their eyes.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I don't know that Carson is racist, per se, but he does hold anti-Muslim views, and is rather find of oddball conspiracy style theories & inflammatory rhetoric. He is also an accomplished surgeon who (unusually) rejects the theory of evolution.

I can tell you there are a LOT of black MDs opining his presidential bid. He's lost a lot of lustre in their eyes.

How much of what your saying do you actually believe? It is a question I would love to get the answer from Republican candidates. Some of them are just too smart to not know what some of the base was told to believe.

Plot twist: Carson just went in front of Trump in the last poll. 26% for Carson and 22% for Trump. Trump will go out in a bang during the next debate.

A thing I read (in Scott Adam's - of Dilbert fame - blog, Scott Adams does a great job explaining why he thinks Trump will win the nomination and the election) is that 80% of the people pining for Carson in that poll are not set on a candidate while 55% of the people who selected Trump say they've made their definitive choice. We're not done with Trump yet. To me, Carson's popularity is 1000x more of a mystery than Trump's...

AR

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
How much of what your saying do you actually believe? It is a question I would love to get the answer from Republican candidates. Some of them are just too smart to not know what some of the base was told to believe.

I think Bobby Jindahl is merely pandering a lot of the time. Carson, I think, is relatively straightforward & honest about his beliefs.

Kramodlog

I think Bobby Jindahl is merely pandering a lot of the time. Carson, I think, is relatively straightforward & honest about his beliefs.

Maybe, but its too on the mark for my taste. It is very easy to say what the base wants to ear. Look at Romney and how he campaigned against the AHCA in 2012. Now he is saying this:
“Without Tom pushing it, I don’t think we would have had Romneycare,” Romney said. “Without Romneycare, I don’t think we would have Obamacare. So without Tom, a lot of people wouldn’t have health insurance.”
http://www.bostonglobe.com/business...4GgQA1zIxieMYAeZFmkJ/story.html?event=event25

Kramodlog

A thing I read (in Scott Adam's - of Dilbert fame - blog, Scott Adams does a great job explaining why he thinks Trump will win the nomination and the election) is that 80% of the people pining for Carson in that poll are not set on a candidate while 55% of the people who selected Trump say they've made their definitive choice. We're not done with Trump yet. To me, Carson's popularity is 1000x more of a mystery than Trump's...

AR

I saw those numbers. Trumps does seem more solide than Carson. But Trump and Carson do not have organisation in these states to get votes out the day of the primary. Just counting on a surge of voters who get out on their own to vote for you isn't a winning strategy. It could happen, but it makes their nomination less likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads