• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The classes that nobody wants to play

The classes that nobody wants to play

• Barbarian

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • Bard

Votes: 38 16.6%
  • Cleric

Votes: 48 21.0%
  • Druid

Votes: 55 24.0%
  • Fighter

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • Monk

Votes: 71 31.0%
  • Paladin

Votes: 16 7.0%
  • Ranger

Votes: 63 27.5%
  • Rogue

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 60 26.2%
  • Warlock

Votes: 46 20.1%
  • Wizard

Votes: 25 10.9%

The only thing land druid really needs is a better, scaling melee cantrip. Something like green-flame blade. Here's what I've come up with. I put it on the cleric and druid list.

SACRED STAFF

Evocation cantrip

Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 5 feet
Components: V, M (a quarterstaff)

As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a quarterstaff against on creature within the spell's range, otherwise the spell fails. On a hit, the target suffers the attack's normal effects, and if the target is an aberration, celestial, elemental, fey, fiend, or undead it take an additional 1d8 radiant damage as it is smitten with shining divine energy.
The spell's damage increases when you reach higher levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 radiant damage to the target (regardless of it's creature type), and the damage the target takes increases by an additional 1d8 at 11th level and at 17th level.

Since it can stack with shilellagh, that's another way to help out the land druid. I have a house rule in my game that changes quarterstaff to a two-handed finesse weapon, so you can't use it with a shield--but I doubt this spell would make land druids overpowered even with the standard rules.

Remove ads