D&D 5E The Clean Sheet

Would you mind PMing me the SCAG stuff you wrote? I'll incorporate the backgrounds when I add the SCAG cantrips.

I would if I could! xD There's a five-post prerequisite before I can PM someone. I was just going to send you the Lists.js (it's from your Clean 2.6), but I removed the races, class, and items that I added.

Is there another way I can get this to you?

Edit - I also have a Spells.js with the SCAG cantrips if you want that, too.

Last edited:

Also... you wouldn't happen to know how to add spells to a class list under the menu button, would you? (> . >); The artificer has the correct levels, but it's just "add all".

Edit: nevermind! I figured it out.

Edit-2: How do you reset the "Reset" button? It somehow got borked. When I press it to clear, it adds in backgrounds and class at level 2. (x . x); Based off what's populating, it happened when I was adding the new dropdown items, but I never even interacted with the Reset button. So I'm just... confused.

Edit-3: nevermind, again! xD I fixed the Reset button. The Background and Class 1/2 was still technically set to the new entries and not to the blank ones.

Last edited:

Sooo… I'll be linking you to a DropBox in the PM. I triple checked that things were removed and only the SCAG stuff remained, along with everything else that was already there. Hopefully it all works. (And this post is semi-on topic.) There's a new source (SC for Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide) and a new abbreviation, "1 r", for Booming Blade's duration, I think it was?)

There will be two files in the DropBox, Lists.js and Spells.js. Lists has the backgrounds and Spells has - well, the cantrips.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
If someone is feeling a bit ambitious, something I've wished for is a section on the second page for Ki abilities and their costs, something you could swap out the spell section for.

Right now you can swap out the spell section for either spells in 1 column, in 2 columns, or for extra notes. Having a modified spell list that works for Ki abilities instead would be nice, or one for Warlock Invocations.

I don't know how to do it myself.

Hm, I just noticed that on my homebrew race, only one racial bonus spell is being added. (It gets two cantrips and one 1/day at 5th level.) Anyone know how to change that to allow two? (> . >);

schnee

First Post
OK, an update:

--

The content for the 2.6 launch is solid. I've done several rounds of QA, and several mistakes were pointed out by other people. I also found a few that were relatively obscure (i.e. a few spells where I didn't put in the 'consumed' cost attribute for material components, stuff like that). So, now, it's pretty solid.

I've done a few more small improvements. For instance, in Spells, the columns for 'Concentration' and 'Ritual' aren't scannable, because the 'Y' and 'N' are both letters with diagonal shapes and vertical lines. I swapped out the 'N' for a simple '-', changed the 'Y' in rituals to 'R' and the 'Y' to concentration to 'C'. Now, that column is a LOT easier to read and scan.

I pulled the Spell Recovery for Land Druids for now. I don't want to bore you with the complexities of JavaScript, but basically, the way it's written doesn't allow that feature flag to be 'flipped' in the Druid class without adding a whole lot of duplicate content and complexity in other areas. It's better to just add a tiny new JavaScript function instead.

I can't add Booming Blade and Green Flame Blade by myself. The Clean Sheet code is written to handle the design patterns of 5E, and it does it admirably, but these two spells 'break' the pattern in ways that require new JavaScript. I understand code enough to hack and extend simple stuff, but I don't know how to write new functions.

I'm getting a JavaScript coder to help. I'll get them to help me with the Land Druid spell recovery, Booming Blade, and Green Flame Blade, and then it'll be ready for a 2.6 release. Once that's done, and ready to launch...

If necessary, I'll fork the GitHub and host the Clean Sheet for now on. I've been in communication with Greatakillor, the creator, and after he helped me QA a bit, he basically said that it's awesome that we're taking it on, his time to be involved is pretty lacking, and I'm free to fork the project on GitHub if his responses aren't fast enough.

If that comes to pass, I'll set it up in such a way that the 'main' branch will be in one place, and anyone else that home-brews it and wants to upload their versions has a place to do that too. I'm a computer profession, and my own private stuff is in GitHub, so I can be responsive to updates and such.

So, I need another week or two, and it'll be out. (Probably just in time for D&D Beyond to get good enough to make it obsolete, lol.)

David Klarlund

First Post
Hi, awsum job, this might have been answerd b4 but I can't find it, is there a way to add UA classes into the cheet? and if yes how? thnx for quick answers!

schnee

First Post
You need to edit the data in the javascript files that are bundled within the PDF.

That generally means using the full version of Acrobat to edit the file.

You generally have to have some experience with JavaScript to not screw it up, but some diligence and trial and error will work too.

My friends and I use this sheet(2.51) religiously for our characters, we love it. Lately, however, we've all noticed parts of it not functioning properly, or at all. For example, the tab at the top left of the 2nd sheet that allows you to add spells, items and do maintenance does not work. None of us are computer guru's, but we're wondering if it's because of an update to Adobe Reader? Any input would be appreciated.

Remove ads