The Closed Eye, part II (DM: covaithe, Judge: garyh)

Atriden

First Post
Watching Hacker pee on the golem and Woe lustrously drink rum, Atreus finds it time to move on to something more productive.
" Kathalia " he says " I was thinking while Hacker and Woe have their 'fun', I am going to town to get provisions. Would you accompany me? With your skills we could get back and forth quickly" and he turns to face Hacker and Woe " I am briefly going to town since at least half of the group is in need of provisions, so if you require anything, please say it now, along with the gold needed to purchase the item "

[sblock=Level Up]
I have sent a mail to the judges to get Atreus approved for level 3
[/sblock]

Dunamin

First Post
" I am briefly going to town since at least half of the group is in need of provisions, so if you require anything, please say it now, along with the gold needed to purchase the item "
Woe gulps a mouthful of rum and puts the barrel down on the ground for a moment, somewhere relatively clear of blood.

“Damn right, Pastry Boy, we need provisions! Lessee...”

The warrior fiddles with his gear in search for quill and parchment, but eventually gives up, either because he doesn’t have any or because he’s in no condition to navigate his pack anymore. Instead, he tears off some cloth from the dead hexer’s cloak, uses his spear as an improvised pen, and goblin blood as ink to write a shopping list.

Even while using both hands (or perhaps because he uses both hands), it takes some time and doesn’t come out pretty, but Atreus is able to decipher the following in big bold capitalized letters:

• [*]ALE
    [*]WHORES
In a moment of clarity, Woe snatches the list back and adds a small addendum:

• [*]ALE
    [*]WHORES

[*]potions (the kind that kills heals your liver)

“Hurry back, there’s no telling what’s gonna happen by the time we run out of rum!”

A twitch runs through Woe’s shield-hand at the thought, and he quickly resumes his business.

[sblock=Shopping]2 Potions of Healing, please.

Woe plays drinking games with Hacker until the others get back, if no better ideas come up.[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Kathalia frowns. "I don't like living my sweet snuggle-puss behind..." she says. "Hacker, can I bring you anything, sweetie?" (OOC: Kathalia will replace the potion Hacker used to save her)

OOC: I have some misgivings about this plan, but Kathalia isn't staying in the cave, so I guess that's OK. :devil: Kathalia spends 2 surges, which, with Hacker's Song of Rest, gets Kathalia exactly back to fu
ll. :)

[sblock=Kathalia Stat Block]
Kathalia, Elf Druid 3
Passive Perception 22, Passive Insight 15
AC 19, Fort 14, Reflex 17, Will 17
HP 36/36 Bloodied 18, Surge Value 9, Surges 4/9
Speed 8, Initiative +5
Action Points: 1

Current Effects
human form
failed two death saving throws

Encounter Resources
Darting Bite
Predator's Flurry
Elven Accuracy (+ feat)
Screaming Hide Armor
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Healing Word
USED Amulet of Resolution
Fleet Persuit
Fires of Life
[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
"I ain't no ***** snuggle-*****-puss, and my diposition ain't ***** sweet," Hacker says, wobbling on his heels.

Hacker turns and thrusts a finger at Atreus's groin (since it's about eye level). "And, you, Whistle-britches, what kind of idiot are you? No, don't answer. It's a rhetorical question. 'Rhetorical' meaning 'asked by someone significantly more intelligent than you.' Only a complete ***** retard splits up a party in a ***** dungeon. This ain't no ***** picnic. I mean, I was on a picnic BEFORE I met a fine gentleman and you, so I know I ain't on no picnic now. After all your fine hoity-*****-toity rhetoric about the necessity of saving the world and other assorted bull*****, I'd think you'd be more mission-minded than to run off to the grocery store for some ***** 'hygienic' rags to deal with your feminine problems."

Atriden

First Post
Atreus looks at the Gnomes comical outburst. He listens and when Hacker is finally done he answers him coolly "Listen, Scarface. Let me reverse the question. How are we going succeed without healing potions and others means of helpful items or consumables? As you fairly said, this is no walk in the park and as much as I want to continue onward, I know both me and Woe lack equipment. Simply put, I want to survive this endeavour and so does Woe " and Atreus adjusts his things to get ready for the run " I know this is not the best time to split the party, but when is there ever a good time for such an act? " he asks rhetorically " We need those provisions in order to survive. You have well seen what force they can muster. Besides both you and Woe are capable of handling yourselves and the run won't take long, especially with Kathalia leading the way "

Atreus moves towards the entrance of the cave " I'l be waiting outside Kathalia "

Atriden

First Post
[sblock=Shoping]
Great invention: Footpads, cost only 5gp and give a permanent +1 bonus to stealth, I recommend all to buy a pair ;).
Atreus Shopping List:
3 x Healing potions(150gp)
1 x potion of resistance (40gp)
1 x footpads (5gp)
Total: 195gp

[/sblock]

Dunamin

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I guess Woe will also buy a pair of footpads. On a closer look, I think it’s worth clarifying that they grant a +1 item bonus only to Stealth checks made to move quietly (naturally).

He'll also buy a crowbar for 2 gp (+2 item bonus to Athletics to force doors and containers open). This is all assuming that acquiring cheap mundane gear does not significantly extend the time this trip will take (both footpads and crowbars are from Dragon 373). Thus, his total expenses come up 107 gp.

Also, Woe and Hacker will likely want to move somewhere less conspicuous while the others are away. Say, back at our former resting place, since it offered good hiding while giving us a vantage point over the entrance.[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
"Listen, Scarface..."
Hacker doesn't.

He turns around and talks to Woe and Kathalia. "Are you actually going to let this idiot determine policy for the entire party, especially after his useless ***** was handed to him in the last fight? And even more especially since his idea of teamwork is 'hide while everyone else does the heavy lifting and takes the punishment.' We seem to be pretty capable of survival and even triumph without his inadequate efforts. Why not just let him leave and get his security blanket, so he can assume the fetal position and suck his thumb, while the three of us just keep on keeping on and do something interesting? If you want to make him your gopher *****, that's fine with me. If he doesn't fall on his own knife, he should be able to return with the gear you desire, and he can just follow the trails of bodies that we leave behind..."

Last edited:

Remove ads