• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Closed Eye, part II (DM: covaithe, Judge: garyh)

Dunamin

First Post
The warrior points and stares, then smiles, and finally grins like a kid in a candy store, even momentarily picking Hacker up to give him a hug.

“Oh, but what is this? That hexing sucker didn’t waste it all. We have plenty of intact Grayson’s Finest!”

Woe tap-dances over to give the dead goblin the noogies, while occasionally spouting “You sly dog, you!”

Carefully he inspects the merchandise, avoiding any more rigged traps now that he has intimate knowledge of how they work. Satisfied, Woe stifles a sniff of joy and gives each barrel a kiss.

KenHood

First Post
Disapproving grunts come from Atreus, as if he just heard what Hacker said even though he clearly is out cold.
:lol:

The warrior points and stares, then smiles, and finally grins like a kid in a candy store, even momentarily picking Hacker up to give him a hug.
"Gawds-*****! I am not ***** huggable! Wait, is that booze?"

Satisfied, Woe stifles a sniff of joy and gives each barrel a kiss.
And Hacker punches hole in a tun, guzzling the contents...

garyh

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Yeah, the golem was tougher than I expected. It's not a published monster, it's the result of me fiddling around with Adventure Tools and trying to make something like a normal flesh golem (elite brute 12) but level 5 instead. I'm fairly happy with the results, but dazed (save ends) on its MBA... Appropriate at level 12, maybe, but for level 5 I think it's a bit much. Oops! Well, it seems to have worked out, and if our judge permits, you'll see some extra XP for the unanticipated challenge.

(Random side note: I'd originally planned more monsters here, but held them back from the first few rounds of combat. I'm glad I did; they turned out to be unnecessary!)

[/sblock]

OOC: I agree it's appropriate to award extra XP based on the in-play difficulty of the customized monster. Enjoy, gang! :)

Dunamin

First Post
And Hacker punches hole in a tun, guzzling the contents...
Woe joins in the "feast" and savors the goods fully.

“Well, stick me in a mind flayer dress and drop me on a gith skiff – this is the stuff!”

As an afterthought, he fills up a few spare flasks for a rainy day... Or just for the next couple of hours.

[sblock=OOC]During the – at the very least – short rest, Woe spends 2 healing surges (recovering fully with Hacker’s Song of Rest).

Any update on the goblin's treasure?[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
A (slightly inebriated) search of the goblin's body turns up a small brass key hanging from its belt, and nothing else of interest.

[sblock=ooc]I decided to go ahead and award XP (see next post), and since that will level Atreus, and there's been talk of retiring/rebuilding him, I thought I'd hold off on the treasure for now.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=XP]

encounter:
  • flaming rum barrels trap (hazard 4): 175
  • 3 pack zombies (minion 2): 3*31=93
  • goblin hexer (controller 3): 150
  • custom flesh golem (elite brute 5, but awarded as if it were level 6): 500
Total: 918*2=1836, / 4 = 459 xp each.

Time XP:
  • Atreus: 1 month at level 2 (1 Sept to 1 October 2009): 104 xp and 89g
  • Woe: 2 months at level 3 (18 August to 18 October 2009): 250 xp, 254g
  • Kathalia and Hacker: 2 months at level 3 (9 Sept - 9 Nov 2009): 250 xp, 254g.

Totals:
  • Atreus: 563 xp, 89g. You can go to level 3.
  • Woe, Kathalia, and Hacker: 709 xp and 254g each.
[/sblock]

Atriden

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Covaithe said:
I decided to go ahead and award XP (see next post), and since that will level Atreus, and there's been talk of retiring/rebuilding him, I thought I'd hold off on the treasure for now.
Yes, I want to retire Atreus and remake him... but I am not sure if I should do that now. Would seem kinda strange that he suddenly just turned into Ravenant or an Assassin over the next couple of minutes.
As much as I want to do so, it does not seem appropriate to do so in the game right now. I will do it, when a natural break accours in the game. I will just level him as a rogue right now and then later, when that break comes I will retire him and make the changes. Levelling him to a rogue lvl 3 and have him ready tomorrow. Thanks anyway for the opportunity Covaithe.
[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
"Who the **** do you think you're lookin' at?" Hacker mumbles to a nearby outcropping of rock.

He drops his trousers and proceeds to urinate on the golem.

garyh

First Post
[sblock=XP]

encounter:
  • flaming rum barrels trap (hazard 4): 175
  • 3 pack zombies (minion 2): 3*31=93
  • goblin hexer (controller 3): 150
  • custom flesh golem (elite brute 5, but awarded as if it were level 6): 500
Total: 918*2=1836, / 4 = 459 xp each.

Time XP:
  • Atreus: 1 month at level 2 (1 Sept to 1 October 2009): 104 xp and 89g
  • Woe: 2 months at level 3 (18 August to 18 October 2009): 250 xp, 254g
  • Kathalia and Hacker: 2 months at level 3 (9 Sept - 9 Nov 2009): 250 xp, 254g.

Totals:
  • Atreus: 563 xp, 89g. You can go to level 3.
  • Woe, Kathalia, and Hacker: 709 xp and 254g each.
[/sblock]

XP Approved!

Remove ads