The Council of Thieves AP

Nlogue

First Post
Damn you Logue...

I now have to get this just to have Cruciata (even if her name has a Harry Potter feel to it).

love,

malkav

Ha! She evil! More Ebon Shroud previews coming up on the blog next week! Hope you enjoy RC!

On another note: I can't download my copy of PF #26 yet! I'm dying to see the cool art work for the play. James told me it was the hotness.

James Jacobs

Adventurer
While I quite like the look of the Westcrown map, and think that it adds a bit of authenticity to the AP since this style of map is a lot more realistic compared to real maps of medieval/ancient times... we have had a fair amount of complaints from readers who prefer the more standard city style map. As a result, in the Council of Thieves map folio (due out around January '09, I believe), there'll be a poster map of Westcrown that's done in a style more like one that gamers are used to. The more illustrative version of the map will remain the one we use in the AP inside front cover for locations... but in the January volume of the AP (the final part of Council of Thieves, and the only adventure that really uses the city itself as an adventure site rather than locations IN the city) we'll run the variant map as well.

rich pett

First Post
The Sixfold Trial is written by Richard Pett, the author of Styes series, Prince of Redhand and Skinsaw Murders. It's gonna be a classic, Richard is an awesome author.

I believe the phrase is 'aw shucks'. And thank you kindly.

It has a little taste of redhand in it, with a dash of demonweb pits (what a very fine adventure), a splash of devil box and a pinch of the twilight zone - I hope it lives up to your kind words Gorbacz.

Huzzah!

rich pett

First Post
Sadly, yes he is. That bastard...

I also wrote an article for Sixfold Trial (actually a play - hope you enjoy!).

Rich and I have never collaborated on a module before and it was fun jamming with him on the concept for Sixfold (though the magic of the adventure itself, and believe me, its awesome - is all Rich!).

Rich and I are currently collaborating on [http://www.sinisteradventures.com/dark-vistas]Ebon Shroud[/url] as well (scroll down past Razor Coast), which is available in a Pathfinder Compatible version.

You get PDFs of all versions, and you choose which print version you want when the books are ready to ship - OGL 3.5, Pathfinder Compatible, Savage Worlds, and possibly others.

If you preorder the book now you save $10 (the price goes up to $39.99 once it releases, its only $29.99 now as a pre-order special).

I can't wait to hear what you think of Sixfold Trial too! Hope it works out like awesome-sauce for ya!

Nick

I have this wierd feeling of being over here with the tough-boys who smoke behind the bike sheds:) It's very good fun feeling that way.

The play is the weakest part of #26, as I recall:)

That fine Jacobs fellow is the real awesome one however, his tweaks, turns and twiddles are a revelation:) Hmm, that sounds sort of strange...

Ebon Shroud - Never heard of it.

Nlogue

First Post
I have this wierd feeling of being over here with the tough-boys who smoke behind the bike sheds:) It's very good fun feeling that way.

The play is the weakest part of #26, as I recall:)

That fine Jacobs fellow is the real awesome one however, his tweaks, turns and twiddles are a revelation:) Hmm, that sounds sort of strange...

Ebon Shroud - Never heard of it.

No doubt. James Jacobs is the God-King-Overlord of Adventure Design.

Oh, and Rich smells of elephantine-intenstine-processed cabbaged...just sayin.

Remove ads