• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Creation Schema:THE FINAL BATTLE FOR POSSESSION OF THE SCHEMA

and now it doesn't look good for Pebbles either. :( More on that in a few segments.

Say Solarious- live near Southern Vermont? I could use another player. Looks like job changes may have taken Ryan (Cider and capio) and Bill (Pebbles) away from the game. I have open slots again.

As for the potions.... one never knows

until it is too late :]

Solarious said:
And the fatality spree continues. You never cease to amaze me with how many people you manage to kill, mega. Maybe that's why I keep on reading. :]

It really isn't my goal but yeah- it seems to happen a lot. I informed Jeff (Fighter's player) what they faced and he wants a rematch! Eventually.

Any guesses of what Smash's secret was? and yes- he is one of the 87.

I'll give a hint- I am an X-men comic fan and the secret was based on a villian from the Byrne/Claremont years (mid 80's).

Solarious said:
In other news, I eagerly await the pain Cedious shall surely experience in Morlock. :]

His greatest joy and pain will soon be one and the same...... The long overdo return of the.... (fill-in the blank).

THE CREATION SCHEMA
SEGMENT 225
5/13/06
“Morlock Island”

The next few days go slowly. Cedious has let everyone know what he has learned. There are three ships already there ahead of them full of soldiers and magic users. Though it bodes ill for them, they continue on.

Ippikak and Talon meanwhile have not spoken a word about the warforged in Aundair or the dwarf at the Lyrandar port. They will briefly look at each other then once their eyes meet they look away in embarrassment and shame. They are leaning towards betraying the group.

It has become VERY cold now. Even with the heat of the elemental warming the ship the crew needs thick coats to be outside. They try not to think about it.

Finally they begin to lower themselves from the sky. An island can be seen not far away. Based on a map given them, it is roughly in a shape of a letter of ‘C’. The island is 5 x 5 miles. It has forests that cover the plains and low hills that make up much of the island. As they get closer they see something. There is something smoking on the shoreline of the island.

An airship!

THE CREATION SCHEMA
SEGMENT 226
5/27/06
“Some Clues”

DM NOTES- Only Jeff, BJ and Clinton made it today. Reports have it that Ryan may not be returning due to a new job. Bill I am uncertain about.

The ship “Cedious’ Ride” stops over the crashed ship below on the ice next to the shore. Cedious, his bodyguard- Bob, his ship cook Pebbles, along with Talon, and Ippikak climb down the rope ladder. Capio and Cider remain on board to watch over the ship. After all, there are still another two ships out there somewhere.

Now that they are closer they can find new clues about the ship. This ship was run by the Emerald Claw. There are few bodies here. Most are badly burned. They are so burned the race can not be determined though most soldiers are human within the Emerald Claw. A Flail +1 is found that is intact and taken by Ippikak. Cedious finds a potion of Cat’s Grace. Each also find a bit of silver and gold that has survived.

The ship is badly damaged. Much of it is burned but there are other scorch marks on it. Pebbles figures it was attacked by lightning also. Perhaps that either brought the ship down or freed the Fire Elemental that powered it. Looking at the melted snow and ice trail, the elemental survived and now is within the pine forest possibly having a grand time burning down the forest to feed.

There appears to be survivors as there are no humanoid footprints going away. There are a few scavengers that have left footprints. Wolves and other natural predators. “Well?” asks Ippikak to Cedious. Cedious is quiet as he thinks of what to do while looking at the Arcane Archer’s bracers. Only Cedious would be thinking of how to survive and move on in this cold environment AND question the magical abilities of the archer’s new bracers he got.

“Let’s follow the Elemental…. Maybe he knows something.”

Solarious

Explorer
megamania said:
Say Solarious- live near Southern Vermont? I could use another player. Looks like job changes may have taken Ryan (Cider and capio) and Bill (Pebbles) away from the game. I have open slots again.
Sorry megz, wrong country altogether. :p Which might be for the best, considering that my first response was to put together a Child of Winter druid with a giant spider as the 'animal' companion. I'm sure it would have evoked a complicated response from Cedious. :]

Do you want to see what he/she (haven't decided) would have looked? :)

megamania said:
As for the potions.... one never knows

until it is too late :]
That's what I like to hear! Say it one more time! :D

megamania said:
It really isn't my goal but yeah- it seems to happen a lot. I informed Jeff (Fighter's player) what they faced and he wants a rematch! Eventually.
I don't think I know anyone else who has death as such an integrated part of their DMing style. Still, it is amusing to see how all the new characters come and go, with Cedious as the only one to suffer from the constant slings and arrows of his endevours.

I look forward to the rematch. Can you fix the fight and ensure Jeff loses again? :]

megamania said:
Any guesses of what Smash's secret was? and yes- he is one of the 87.

I'll give a hint- I am an X-men comic fan and the secret was based on a villian from the Byrne/Claremont years (mid 80's).
My comic-foo is weak, so no guesses from me. I would have said Beast, but he isn't exactly what you would call a villian. ;)

megamania said:
His greatest joy and pain will soon be one and the same...... The long overdo return of the.... (fill-in the blank).
Garrow had better be in that blank, so Cedious can moon him at last. Or heads will roll.

As in I would behead you, Raise you, and behead you again.

Because I can. :]

But if Cedious manages to p*ss off Demise, Karrion, or other members of the Emerald Claw to the same extent as he had Garrow, I suppose I could go easy on you. :lol:

Cedious

First Post
awww its nice to see you have been getting on so great with out me here, i was wondering why my ears have been ringing........everyday :)

Cedious's goal in life is to p*ss everyone off, because if he does his job right then everyone will remember him :)

and as for garrow he does not even worry me, i killed him once and i will kill him again and again and again etc etc etc.

I'm tired of watching all of my team die i think i will just start to solo mega's campaign that way at least the odds of me dieing are alot higher :)

THE CREATION SCHEMA
SEGMENT 227
5/27/06
“White Pudding”

New snow has fallen since the elemental walked up into the trees. Based on the map they were given by the House of Makers (Cannith) they are heading directly towards the abandoned lab along the bay’s shoreline. The elemental is also walking along a small creek. The rippling water washes over the dark stones and ice creating a peaceful environment. Now if only Cedious didn’t have to wear these bulky jackets and furs.

It is cold. He is amazed by the effect of seeing his exhaled breath in the air. “Look guys- an air elemental!” and he breathes out sharply. The others join in with their breaths and laughs then go back to their business on hand. It is a slow walk as the ice and snow is slick and the effects of the Fire Elemental going by has melted snow that refrozen but rounded and smooth.

Ippikak spots something ahead that makes him wary. “Are there ice elementals?” He asks of everyone while eyeing an icy outcrop they are nearing.

“Cold Elementals…Yeah I think so. Why?” asks Pebbles in suspicion.

“That ice doesn’t look …right. It is ..different.” They look at it to check it over. The other ice has a different look. This ice outcropping doesn’t look like it was melted and refrozen. It has a different quality than that. Ippikak fires an arrow at it as a precaution. The ice quivers and bunches up to surround the arrow.

“An Ooze!” calls out Cedious.

Talon steps up to it and strikes it with his sword to cut it away from their path. Now two oozes bunch up to attack. “Aw S***!” exclaims the crossbreed. Flaming weapons are drawn and used to dispatch the two oozes quickly.

“Lets keep that in mind- no swords.”

THE CREATION SCHEMA
SEGMENT 228
5/27/06
“Manticores in the Forest”

The Fire Elemental continued its path along the creek heading towards the forgotten lab. The terrain now includes small hills, which makes it harder yet. There are snowdrifts and pits that surprise the group but do nothing to harm them. They just prefer the environment of Khorvaire to this.

As they begin to climb another hill it begins to snow again. Visibility decreases again further ticking off the cold group. Cedious is about to complain when he spots something moving very quickly behind the trees along the oncoming ridgeline. He motions and the group slows down and listens every so often. They hear something speaking. It is common but not very clear or well pronounced. It sounds like the persons involved are trying to set up plans to sneak up on them. Cedious crawls through the snow to downed and burnt trees to find out what they are facing. He sees a large cat like creature with wings but it has a clearly humanoid head and face. The tail looks like a club with spikes. Even as he turns to warn them the creatures take to the air and go onto the attack.

Pebbles easily avoid the volley of bone spikes that fire from a tail. The spikes shatter on her magical shield and armor. The same for Talon. The creature that goes down the middle attacks Ippikak and misses. He glances at the spikes that have made six small holes in the snow around him then fires at the creature. The arrows hit and the flying creatures snarls and growls in pain. It is forced to land. Bob leaps up and begins to attack the one creature while Pebbles waits for the other to come within reach. Cedious looks at his selection of darts and considers their use.

The one creature curses at Bob as he begins to claw and bite him. It tries to dislodge the Thri-kreen on a low thick branch but he stays on. The chitin scratches and chips though from the extreme cold. The archer now attacks the creature by the dwarf and it also is forced to land where the dwarf cuts it up quickly. The first Manticore is attacked by Cedious from hiding and from Talon. Soon all are defeated.

Looking over the creatures, they find a Flail+1 and a sack with some coins. “The Emerald Claw.”

Cedious spits to the side. “Good.”

From the ridge line they see two things- The Fire Elemental has moved away the course it was on to consume the larger section of forest and…a man made tower can be seen through the trees down in the harbor.

“Lets go get the Schema.” Declares Cedious as he begins to slide down the snow.

Talon and Ippikak look at each other.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads