The Crux of the Matter

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I was hoping they were bright enough to turn against Eve without explecitly telling it, but Rinaldo can add:

"If I were you, I would take the lead of that group. After all, you are Sin's child too."

Rystil Arden

First Post
Knight Otu said:
(Didn't they mention there were others who just didn't want to speak up at that time?)
(OOC: Indeed. You could have two possible follow-up questions, so I'll answer them both. Why did I not list them? You don't know them by name. Couldn't one of them possibly be the spy? Technically yes, but it's not typical for a GM or author to make the traitor or the criminal someone you never heard of, so I assumed that the group would presume it was one of the ones you met--actually, I figured you might think it was Guile, until Guile proved her true loyalties later in the fight)

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Actually not--Eve has some thirty wraiths to choose from not counting the mindless killer ones that sometimes occur or the id nymphs that won't really fight (any of which could be what became of Fuge), but Rope Trick can't hold all that, and she picked the original Sin wraiths that had special powers, rather than her own weaker wraiths)
OOC: Fuge could be subterfuge, and posing in the hidey hole as someone else. I'm a little suspicious of the only aspect that's a man...

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: They are, but you need to feed them the course of action because you need to get them to react on their gut without thinking. If they stop to think, Eve can just reassert control)

*Most of the wraiths do not seem at all moved or impressed by Rinaldo's appeal to their greed, but, perhaps not surprisingly, between Ashna's intimations and Rinaldo's follow-up, Greed finally loses it.*

"Yes! Mine, all mine!!!!"

(OOC: An appeal such as "You are clearly a superior specimen to Eve in every way. Why should she be the leader when you were born to lead?" would have worked better on Pride)

Velmont

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: An appeal such as "You are clearly a superior specimen to Eve in every way. Why should she be the leader when you were born to lead?" would have worked better on Pride)

OOC: I hoped that if Pride would think Sin wouldn't reward Pride to his right height because Eve got all the merit, it would have been enough for Pride to want to get the control of the situation. After all, it would be an offence to Pride not to be given the right level of reward, even if the reward itself doesn't mean much to him, it is being recognize the merit of teh act that is important to him...

Bah, the combat is not finished. Rinaldo will have more argument.

Knight Otu

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Indeed. You could have two possible follow-up questions, so I'll answer them both. Why did I not list them? You don't know them by name. Couldn't one of them possibly be the spy? Technically yes, but it's not typical for a GM or author to make the traitor or the criminal someone you never heard of, so I assumed that the group would presume it was one of the ones you met--actually, I figured you might think it was Guile, until Guile proved her true loyalties later in the fight)
(Eh, I've seen Murder by Death, I wouldn't be surprised if the traitor is Elayna Valsice herself who just pretends to be an aspect. ;) I'm kind of torn between Joy and Senex who, as Bront has said, is quite literally the odd man out, if it is one of those who spoke.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Those who are best at hearing note a minor clanking sound coming from the stairs below. Meanwhile, Greed decides to break ranks and run up to grab Ashna's pack and take all the things in it for herself. (OOC: Correct me if I'm wrong, but--) Ashna does not have a weapon out, so Greed is able to grapple with her without provoking an attack, though she can't quite get the haversack yet.*

"Greed. Stop acting like a spoiled child." Eve's words are loaded with power.

"Okay," Greed replies, chastised, "But can I at least grab the bag while I'm here? If they're greedy like me, maybe that will stop them from running into the bad place because then they'll lose all their best stuff!"

"Okay fine. Couldn't you have just shot another Enervation?"

"That was my only one."

"I have another. I, of course, am always properly prepared," Pride replies, "Who this time though?"

"Well we can't concentrate fire on the cross-dresser girl because somebody is grappling her. You won't hit the pixie, most likely, this one here couldn't even hit me with his best shot, that other one is a blathering idiot who only someone like Greed would heed, and the last is a worthless Cleric, but let's deal with him in case he has something that heals negative levels, like Restoration."

"Got it," Pride fires an Enervation at Hogarth, who feels weakened.

(OOC: 2 negative levels)

"Well done. Gluttony, stop readying actions--they're never triggering your readied action. I need the pixie dispelled so we can kill it."

*The one who hasn't done anything yet nods and directs a vacuum of eldritch energy from her hand that attempts to strip away all of Tenny's active magic. Her rings, her chain shirt, and her quarterstaff are temporarily deactivated, and her Displacement is gone. Gluttony licks her lips and burps contentedly.*

(OOC: Ooh, remarkable rolls!)

*The last unnamed wraith becomes fed up and fires two more Magic Missiles at Tenny.*

(OOC: Tenny takes 7)

*Now Eve is finally ready to act. She touches Laynie, causing the girl to drop unconscious and fall peacefully towards the ground, as Eve catches her gently, careful not to damage her. Eve, now holding Laynie, takes a step back away from the unsealing seal.*

(OOC: Back to Ashna and Tenny)

Remove ads