• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Crux of the Matter

Bront

The man with the probe
Off of what I said earlier, I had this worked up so far...

Crafting with Tenebrynn's help.
Code:
+ 1,080.16 gp		Intitial Funds
+15,000   gp		Share
-   125   gp		Reparations
-   200   gp	16 xp	Bracelets Repair*
-   400   gp	32 xp	Weapon repair*
- 2,000	  gp	160 xp	Enchant armor to +2
- 3,000   gp	240 xp	+1 extra enhancement on the rapier (Shocking?)
-   375   gp		Scroll of Lightning Bolt
- 6,000   gp	480 xp	Add +2 Dex to the Bracelets
-   150   gp		Scroll of Cats Grace

Outside help
-   125   gp	10 xp?	Ring Repair*
* Repair=enchantment fix.

Now, with the 5% cut, Van will have to dump 2 credits I believe to cover most things, but he can help with craft points easily enough, and he won't have to buy the scrolls, though is Tenebrynn will wave the gold difference for the remaining xp and extra crafting issues (Just to make the math easier0, he'll buy the scrolls still for you to scribe. And again, he won't fight you for the shield ;)

Erekose13

Explorer
Don't worry about the Lightning Bolt, Ashnar's going to lend that to Tenebrynn in the big spellbook swapmeet. If Van wants to get him a different 3rd level spell (say Blink) we can call it even. Though with 2 DM credits = 800XP, your total above is 982. So thats 182XP from Tenebrynn = 910gp.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Off of what I said earlier, I had this worked up so far...

Code:
+15,000   gp		Share
-   200   gp	16 xp	Bracelets Repair*
-   400   gp	32 xp	Weapon repair*
- 2,000	  gp	160 xp	Enchant armor to +2
- 3,000   gp	240 xp	+1 extra enhancement on the rapier (Shocking?)
-   375   gp		Scroll of Lightning Bolt
- 6,000   gp	480 xp	Add +2 Dex to the Bracelets

Outside help
-   125   gp	10 xp?	Ring Repair*

Now, with the 5% cut, Van will have to dump 2 credits I believe to cover most things, but he can help with craft points easily enough, and he won't have to buy the scrolls, though is Tenebrynn will wave the gold difference for the remaining xp and extra crafting issues (Just to make the math easier0, he'll buy the scrolls still for you to scribe. And again, he won't fight you for the shield ;)
(OOC: 2 Credits from Vanitri will give Tenebrynn 800 XP and nearly cover the cost of the XP for all Vanitri's planned items (182 under), but Vanitri is not allowed to simply donate his CP--he would have to participate in the crafting as per the typical rules for someone who does not donate a prereq (an unfavourable donation where everyone pays more than half). He's probably better off just paying the slight GP price for the CP spent rather than draining his own CP and still paying more than half.

Also, keep in mind that finding someone to fix the ring may be difficult)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
How is Almayce buying CP from people then?
I'd imagine the same way as usual--he's abstracting away the 50% unfavourable split. Either that or he's doing something that isn't legit. Or the third option is that our incredibly complex CP system (for such we have!) may have confused even me, but I rememver reading that proposal thoroughly, so I'd like to think not.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
I think this is where
our crafting rules said:
ASSISTING
In addition to the primary crafter-who must have the appropriate Craft feat-up to three assistants can contribute craft points to the creation of the item.

Assistants who have the appropriate Craft feat contribute craft points at full normal value. For untrained assistants (those who don't have the appropriate Craft feat), each craft point contributed counts as 1/2 point of assistance.

The primary creator must contribute at least half of the craft points required to create an item.

Bront

The man with the probe
Sounds good, so this is what I come up with :)

Code:
+15,000   gp		Share
-   210   gp	16 xp	Bracelets Repair*
-   420   gp	32 xp	Weapon repair*
- 2,100	  gp	160 xp	Enchant armor to +2
- 3,150   gp	240 xp	+1 extra enhancement on the rapier (Shocking?)
-   375   gp		Scroll of 3rd level spell of Tene's choice
- 6,300   gp	480 xp	Add +2 Dex to the Bracelets
-   910   gp		XP cost for Tene.
------------------------------
+ 2,340.16 gp
Outside help
- 125/250  gp	10 xp?	Ring Repair*

Tene's cut
1490 take home gold, and 182 XP cost.

Vanitri and Tenebrynn split the Craft point cost.

He'll even be nice and help with craft points for something else if you need.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: 2 Credits from Vanitri will give Tenebrynn 800 XP and nearly cover the cost of the XP for all Vanitri's planned items (182 under), but Vanitri is not allowed to simply donate his CP--he would have to participate in the crafting as per the typical rules for someone who does not donate a prereq (an unfavourable donation where everyone pays more than half). He's probably better off just paying the slight GP price for the CP spent rather than draining his own CP and still paying more than half.

Also, keep in mind that finding someone to fix the ring may be difficult)
Right, CPs cost him 2:1, no big deal, he's got 10 levels unspent worth of CPs :)

And he'll check at the Accademy. It shouldn't be TOO hard, since someone had to be able to craft the rings in the first place.

Why is craft ring so expensive to get?

Erekose13

Explorer
it is but for non casters/non crafters they dont care about those anyways.

Bront: I'll say that you cover your craft point cost completely (at 2* the normal cost) in the books even though you'd have to contribute the other half to something Tenebrynn is making.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads