• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I agree. Call us evil, many who don't understand have done so, particularly before Elayna mellowed out due to the influence of a mother's love...and a daughter's love...but I would gladly die to save the world from this rift, or from Eve and Sin if they succeed at their plan and make it so we can all leave this place and manifest outside, as glorious as that would be...All of us here would, even Guile."

"Yeah, stop that, Termina--you're embarrassing me in front of the girl!"

"It is our duty...it is our fault, and we shall take responsibility. I swear it for myself and for Persy's memory..."

Bront

The man with the probe
"So, how can we help you achieve this goal? We've got a man who can't keep his form, and the rest of us who could use some rest. We'll need as many details as you can give us."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I told you, kid. You need diamond dust, and even then that will keep it stable only for 2 hours per casting of Stoneskin. That enough to rest? Well I guess with two. You should get a cleric or something--what about monkey boy over there?"

"Guile, be polite."

"Okay fine, 'Hogarth'. He's actually a pretty strong will if the emotional eddies didn't affect him, but with those beautiful muscles and that vacant stare, he's going to hate it when it goes Astral up there."

"Anyway, feel free to rest here if you feel you can."

"If you want to risk an incredible horror, you could always break the seal, go upstairs, and grab the diamond dust from the main lab and then come back and rest. Of course, then you'll have given Eve access to the upper floors and plenty of time to grab everything good and work on the last room to free Sin."

Bront

The man with the probe
"That doesn't sound like a good option," Vanitri says. "Hey, any chance you could check some of these potions? We were unsure of a few of them."

"And I take it a simple dispell won't end the effect?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Gotta be a cleric to restore that, I'd wager. Not that I've seen the effect of the Oversoul on a human before, or a humanoid creature, granted, but it seems like what happens with a Chaos Beast from the planes," Guile offers.

"Many of those are elixirs, and none of them is divine magic, so they won't help," Senex shakes his head, "Or at least, they won't cure it. Those potions were up there with the emotional eddies--that must be why Eve's minions didn't grab them...emotional eddies affect us more than they do to any of you."

"Envy was getting overwhelmed by just the taste of the eddies she picked up when she mimicked your talents."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I don't remember exactly what was up there, but there's no Stoneskin or Polymorph, so nothing will stop it even temporarily. I think there were a few that would help make holding itself together easier, at least temporarily, by empowering the personality."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads