• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Cursed Ones OOC

shaff

First Post
im deffinately not backing out of this one. SO how many people do we need to recruit now? Also, are we using the 3.5 rule about power attack (for every =1 you take to your attack, you get +2 to damage if you are wielding the weapon 2 handed)?

Last edited:

shaff

First Post
Maur Deeperdown
Dwarven Barbarian
Level 8
Chaotic Nuetral
Height: 5' 1"
Weight: 216
Eyes: green
Hair: Brown

STR: 20 (+5)
DEX: 10 (+0)
CON: 16 (+3)
INT: 10 (+0)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 8 (-1)

HP: 120
AC: 17
FORT: +9
REF: +2
WILL: +3
INIT: +4

Attacks: Base +8
Greatsword(+3): +13/+8
Damage: 2d6+9

Throwing Axes: +13
Damage: d6+5

Skills:
climb +8
Intuit Direction +2
Intimidate +7
Jump +8
Listen +10
Search +5
Spot +5
Swim +6
Wilderness Lore +8

Feats:
Power Attack
Cleave
Improved Initiative

Languages:
Common
Dwarven
Undercommon

Items:
2 Throwing Axes
Bedroll
Magic Breastplate (+2)
Crowbar
Flask (full of rum)
flint and steel
grappling hook
magic greatsword (+3)
Heward's Haversack
2 potions of bull strength
2 potions of cure moderate wounds
potion of cure serious wounds
10 days of trail rations
50' of silk rope
stonemason's tools
3 sunrods
2 full waterskins
2 whetstones

TOTAL WEIGHT CARRIED: 100 lbs. Light Load
PP: 15
GP: 151
SP: 17
CP: 13

Background:
Maur was born in a great dwarven city of which he does not know the name. When he was only 6 years a HUGE army of drow attacked this great city. After an Epic battle which lasted for many months, the drow overran the city. They kept some of the men and women as slaves. They also kept most of the children under the age of 8. They took Maur. The children were trained in the ways of drow combat. Taught with swords instead of axes or hammers in the traditional dwarven ways. While Maur was being trained he was always the one to win his spires against other warriors, but he was tired of the lifestyle of a simple fighter. He wanted more... he wanted the wilderness. One day when he was 28 he escaped from the drow stronghold and ran as far as his feet would take him. He ran until he found the wilderness. He has lived there ever since, only going to town to shop and to do other mundane things. Although sometimes he has been known to defend the city if he is in the area. He has built up rage for his former trainers, because they did not tell him anything of his former city or his family, and he has since become a barbarian.

Attachments

• dwarf barbarian.doc
    9.5 KB · Views: 81

Calim

First Post
I am still around and am still plannin things to do it is just that real life has intruded upon game time and I am trying to get it back sorted out. So hopefully sometime in the next 48 hours I be able to answer all your questions.

but i also have time to answer this one.

I don't know the campaign type yet i was hoping that would form up with the character submissions.

Thrarn Iranorn

First Post
I have not played a druid before and have a question. I know I can safely have an animal companion with 8HD at 8th level. I have purchased a Ring of Animal friendship with the Gold that was alloted to us. It allows me to have an additional 12HD of creatures. Due to the nature of the ring, would I be able to maintain or keep the animal under the spell of the ring, or is it only temporary?
I guess, what I am asking is, can I keep a 20HD creature or are the effects of the ring temporary?

Thels

First Post
Not sure but afaik, this only raises your maximum hit dice from 16HD to 28HD. Each creature individually still has at most 8HD.

Thrarn Iranorn

First Post
I know the standard max I can have is 16HD but I can only maintain or keep 8HD of creatures for a prolonged period of time. Is this going to be the same even if I have the ring? Or will I be able to keep 20HD of creatures permanently?

Last edited:

Remove ads