D&D General The Double-Edged Sword: Is The New D&D Edition a Cash Grab in Disguise?

Vaalingrade

Legend
Um. I want D&D swag. D&D is my thing. I like my Tiamat coasters. I like my mimic dice pouch. I like the grins strangers give me when they see me wearing my D&D t-shirts.

I like to collect my geek stuff! And so do most people. They may just have different geek passions.
That's pretty clearly not the point.

Ask any audio file how good CD audio quality is. Lol
The point is not how good CD quality is compared to being there in person. The point is how much better it was compared to cassettes.

Please keep moving your goalposts with crappy analogies, though. I enjoy knocking them down.

occam

Adventurer
This bears an uncanny resemblance to the music industry’s shift from cassettes to CDs, a move widely seen as a cash grab disguised as technological advancement.
I know others have already commented on this, but... were you around for that transition? I don't know anyone pining for the days of inferior audio quality, aged casettes with wobbly music playback, and nervewracking unspooling from the guts of a player that decided it was hungry for magnetic tape that day. Your assertion is so preposterous that I have to assume you have no idea what you're talking about, or that you're intentionally trolling. If it's the latter... well, I guess, well done, sir.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Um. I want D&D swag. D&D is my thing. I like my Tiamat coasters. I like my mimic dice pouch. I like the grins strangers give me when they see me wearing my D&D t-shirts.

I like to collect my geek stuff! And so do most people. They may just have different geek passions.
While I agree 100% with you, it must be admitted thst the official D&D toaster is, in fact more of a crash grab on WotC part than the revised DMG, and by a fair margin.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I know others have already commented on this, but... were you around for that transition? I don't know anyone pining for the days of inferior audio quality, aged casettes with wobbly music playback, and nervewracking unspooling from the guts of a player that decided it was hungry for magnetic tape that day. Your assertion is so preposterous that I have to assume you have no idea what you're talking about, or that you're intentionally trolling. If it's the latter... well, I guess, well done, sir.
Yeah, CDs were a huge improvement.

Remove ads